From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up transcontinental in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
"Transcontinental", normally used as an adjective, describes something that "spans, straddles or crosses a continent":
- A transcontinental country is a country that straddles more than one continent.
As a noun, or part of a noun, "transcontinental" may refer to:
- TC Transcontinental, a major Canadian newspaper and magazine publisher and one of North America's largest printing firms.
- "Transcontinental", a song by the band Pedro the Lion from the album Achilles Heel.
- The Transcontinental, a popular Canadian Broadcasting Corporation radio musical series.
- The Adams–Onís Treaty, sometimes called the "Transcontinental Treaty of 1819", a USA–Spain agreement that settled a border dispute.
- Transcontinental flight, a flight across a continent, such as from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific across the United States.
- Transcontinental railroad, a railway that crosses a continent, typically from coast to coast.
- Ford Transcontinental, a truck manufactured by Ford of Britain.
- Transcontinental SA, an Argentine airline.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.