|This article relies on references to primary sources. (August 2012)|
|Trading name||TC Transcontinental|
|Traded as||TSX: TCL.A
|Industry||Printing – Publishing – Interactive Services|
|Founder(s)||Rémi Marcoux, Claude Dubois and André Kingsley|
Montreal, Quebec, Canada1 Place Ville Marie
|Key people||François Olivier|
|Revenue||$2.1 Billion (2012)|
|Employees||9,500[not in citation given]|
|Divisions||TC Media,TC Transcontinental Printing|
TC Transcontinental is a publishing, media and marketing company based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. TC Transcontinental is a subsidiary of Transcontinental Inc. (TSX: TCL.A, TCL.B, TCL.PR.D) which has operations in Canada and the United States, and reported revenue of C$2.1 billion in 2012.
Among its media properties are magazines such as Canadian Living, Coup de Pouce, Les Affaires, Elle Québec, Elle Canada and PREMIUM, and local newspapers like The Guardian in Charlottetown, and The Telegram in St. John's. TC Transcontinental is also one of the Canadian publishing partners of Metro International, holding complete ownership of the Montreal and majority ownership of Halifax editions of the Metro free daily newspaper.
TC Transcontinental is also a distributor of door-to-door advertising material in Canada, with Publisac in Quebec and Targeo in the rest of Canada. TC Transcontinental also provides custom publishing, mailing and customized email database services.
Partial list of newspapers owned by TC Media:
- Nova Scotia
- The Daily News (Halifax), (defunct)
- The Cape Breton Post
- The Truro Daily News
- The Amherst Daily News
- The News (New Glasgow)
- The Hants Journal
- The Kings County Register
- The Shelburne County Coast Guard
- The Digby Courier
- The Yarmouth Vanguard
- The Queens County Advance
- The Annapolis Spectator
- The Kentville Advertiser
- Nova Scotia Business Journal
- Prince Edward Island
- L'Action (Joliette)
- Le Courrier Laval (Laval)
- Le Messager (Verdun)
- The Chronicle (West Island)
- The Monitor (Montreal)
- The Westmount Examiner (Westmount)
- Rive-Sud Express (Longueuil)
Partial list of magazines owned by TC Media.
- Canadian Living
- Coup de pouce
- Elle Canada
- Elle Québec
- Fresh Juice
- Good Times
- The Hockey News
- Style at Home
- Isabelle Marcoux: Chairman of the Board, Transcontinental Inc.
- François Olivier: President and Chief Executive Officer, Transcontinental Inc.
- Nelson Gentiletti: Chief Financial and Development Officer, Transcontinental Inc.
- Brian Reid: President, TC Transcontinental Printing