From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up transcription in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Transcription may refer to:
- Transcription (service), a business which converts speech into a written or electronic text document
- Transcription (software), software which helps (manually or automatically) convert speech into text transcript
- Transcription (genetics), the copying of DNA into messenger RNA in gene expression
- Transcription (linguistics), the representation of speech in written form
- Phonetic transcription, the representation specifically of speech sounds
- Transcription (music), notating an unnotated piece, or copying / rewriting a piece for clarity or as an arrangement for another instrument
- Piano transcription, a piece of music played on one or more pianos that is an approximation of a source piece of music
- Medical transcription, documentation of patient medical records
- Transcription disc, a sound recording made during broadcasting for internal use by the broadcasting organization
 See also
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.