From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up transcription in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Transcription may refer to:
- Transcription (service), a business which converts speech into a written or electronic text document.
- Transcription (software), software which aids the conversion of speech into text.
- Transcription (genetics), the copying of DNA into messenger RNA.
- Transcription (linguistics), the representation of speech in written form.
- Transcription (music), the notation, copying and/or rescoring of music for a particular instrument or ensemble, or for the purposes of analysis.
- Piano transcription, a common type of music transcription.
- Medical transcription, documentation of patient medical records.
- Transcription disc, a sound recording made during broadcasting for internal use by the broadcasting organization.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.