Transfield Services (50%)
|Service type||Bus, tram & ferry operator|
TransdevTSL was a 50/50 joint venture between Transdev and Transfield Services that operated trams in Melbourne, ferries in Brisbane and buses in Sydney. The joint venture was dissolved in December 2010 when Transfield Services sold its shares to Transdev.
In August 1999 MetroLink Victoria Pty Ltd, a 50/50 joint venture between Transdev and Transfield Services, commenced operating the Yarra Trams Melbourne tram franchise. In April 2004 it took over the M>Tram franchise from National Express resulting in it operating the entire Melbourne tram network. By 2007 it was part of the TransdevTSL group. TransdevTSL was shortlisted to bid for the franchise for renewal but lost to KDR Melbourne who took over in November 2009.
In November 2003 TransdevTSL was awarded a contract by the Brisbane City Council to operate the Brisbane Ferries service. In November 2010 this was extended for a further 10 years. However one month later, the joint venture dissolved and the ferries was renamed to Transdev Brisbane Ferries in July 2013.
In 2005 Transfield Services purchased a 50% interest in Transdev's Shorelink bus operation in Sydney. Rebranding on all buses took place in 2008 when Shorelink was renamed TransdevTSL Shorelink Buses. In December 2010 the joint venture was dissolved, with the company renamed Transdev Shorelink.
- Transfield Services (19 February 2004). "Transfield Services/Transdev Partnership With the State Government of Victoria to Operate the Entire Melbourne Tram Network" (Press release). Australian Securities Exchange. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "Sustainability drives TransdevTSL". Transfield Services. 2008. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "Two from three shortlisted". Railway Gazette. 23 August 2008. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- Mex Cooper (25 June 2009). "New train, tram operators for Melbourne". The Age. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "History". Veolia Transdev. TransdevTSL Brisbane Ferries. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "Transfield Services JV wins $150 million renewal of Brisbane CityCat and CityFerries contract". Transfield Services. 15 September 2010. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "Transdev, Shorelink Buses History, About Us". Transdev Shorelink Buses. 16 May 2013. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- TransdevTSL Shorelink News September 2008, Retrieved 5 August 2014
- "Half Year Report – 31 December 2010". Transfield Services. Retrieved 7 June 2013.