||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (December 2013)|
|Founded||April 2, 1982|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Number of locations||57 offices in 38 countries|
TRANSEARCH International is one of the leading executive search organisations in the world. Headquartered in Europe, they have representation in The Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa. Executive Recruiter News (ERN) currently rates the firm as the 10th largest global executive search firm. TRANSEARCH International is organised by market expertise, business function and geographic location.
Origins of the company name
One of the firm’s founders, Alain Tanugi (current Chairman) had a vision of creating a global network of wholly owned executive search firms, operating under one brand. The name TRANSEARCH is derived from this vision – Trans, meaning through or transcontinental and Search, referring to the nature of the business – executive search.
TRANSEARCH International was founded on the April 2, 1982 with 6 offices and 20 consultants. The group quickly grew to 25 offices in 1989 and in 1990 was ranked as the 10th largest executive search firm (ito revenue) globally by the Executive Recruiter News (ERN). In 1998, the group had 68 offices in 40 countries and was the second largest network worldwide in terms of office representation. When the dot com bubble burst in 2001, the majority of executive search firms faced a decline in demand for executive search services which lasted until about 2003-2004 (depending on the location and the sector of specialisation). In 2006 TRANSEARCH showed a 28.6% growth, almost 10% higher than the average rate of growth for the executive search industry. In 2007 The TRANSEARCH Child Fund was created.
- 1989 - 15 members
- 1990 - Ranked as 10th largest search firm globally by Executive Recruiter News (ERN)
- 1991 - Alain Tanugi takes over as Chairman
- 1994 - Launch 1st website
- 1997 - Global billings exceed US$50million
- 1998 - 68 offices, 40 countries (second largest worldwide by global comparison)
- 2003 – Open offices in Bangkok (Thailand), and Hong Kong (China)
- 2005 – Open offices in New York (USA), and New Delhi (India)
- 2006 – Open offices in Helsinki (Finland) and London (UK)
- 2006 - 28.6% growth in revenues
- 2007 – Open offices in Warsaw (Poland), Mexico City (Mexico), St. Petersburg and Moscow (Russia)
- 2007 – Global billings exceed US$112million
- 2007 - Ranked as 10th largest search firm globally by Executive Recruiter News (ERN).
- 2007 - 25th Anniversary
- 2008 - Ranked as 9th largest search firm globally by Executive Recruiter News (ERN).
- 2008 - Named in "The 100 Most Influential Headhunters In The World" Business Week Article
- 2011 - Opens office in Nigeria
- 2011 - 57 offices, 38 countries
- 2012 - 30th Anniversary
- Association of Executive Search Consultants
- Women in business
- Executive search
- http://www.kennedyinfo.com/executive/recruiter/news Kennedy Information, Executive Recruiter News, 2006, 2007, 2008
- TRANSEARCH International Expertise.
- TRANSEARCH International executive search and recruitment firm
- TRANSEARCH Child Fund Foundation assisting under privileged children in the third world
- Child Fund Foundation project video of the opening ceremony of its first project which entailed building a school 100 km from Hanoi in Vietnam
- Headhunters and How To Use Them Nancy Garrison Jenn
- TRANSEARCH International Blog