Transformers: Age of Extinction
|Transformers: Age of Extinction|
Official teaser poster
|Directed by||Michael Bay|
|Produced by||Don Murphy
Lorenzo di Bonaventura
|Written by||Ehren Kruger|
T. J. Miller
|Music by||Steve Jablonsky|
|Editing by||William Goldenberg|
di Bonaventura Pictures
China Movie Channel
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Transformers: Age of Extinction is an upcoming 2014 American science fiction action film based on the Transformers toy line. It is the fourth installment of the live-action Transformers film series starring Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz, Jack Reynor and Kelsey Grammer. The film is a sequel to Transformers: Dark of the Moon, taking place four years after the invasion of Chicago. Like its predecessors, the film will be directed by Michael Bay and executive produced by Steven Spielberg. This is the first film in the series to not have Shia LaBeouf and also the first to feature an entirely new cast with the only returning Transformers revealed so far are Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. The film is set for release on June 27, 2014, in 3D.
- Mark Wahlberg as Cade Yeager, a single father and struggling inventor.
- Nicola Peltz as Tessa Yeager, Cade's daughter.
- Jack Reynor as Shane Dyson, Tessa's boyfriend and a race car driver.
- Kelsey Grammer as Harold Attinger
- Stanley Tucci as Joshua
- Sophia Myles as Darcy, Joshua's geologist assistant.
- T. J. Miller as Lucas, Cade's best friend and a mechanic.
- Titus Welliver as Savoy
- Li Bingbing as Su Yueming, "CEO of Chinese Transformers"
Additionally Victoria Summer was cast as Joshua's Executive Assistant and Han Geng in an unspecified role. Byron Li, Austin Lin, Candice Zhao and Teresa Daley are cast in roles after winning the reality television show Transformers 4 Chinese Actors Talent Search Reality Show.
- Peter Cullen voices Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots who now transforms into a Western Star 4900 Custom semi-trailer truck.
- Bumblebee, an Autobot who takes the vehicle form of a modified 1967 Camaro jalopy and later a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro concept.
- Hound, an Autobot who transforms into an Oshkosh Defense Medium Tactical Vehicle.
- Crosshairs, an Autobot who transforms into a green 2014 Chevrolet C7 Corvette Stingray.
- Drift, an Autobot who transforms into a black and blue 2013 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse.
- Grimlock, a Dinobot who transforms into a T-Rex.
- Cyclonus, a Decepticon with a currently unknown alternate mode.
- Stinger, a Decepticon who transforms into a red and black 2013 Pagani Huayra.
- A 2013 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Coupe.
- A white Chevrolet Sonic RS rally car.
- A black and grey 2014 Freightliner Argosy cab over trailer truck.
- A rusty Marmon cab-over semi-truck with an Autobot rubsign-like insignia.
- A silver Trumpchi E-jet.
- A white 2013 Chevrolet Camaro.
- Black Rally Fighter cars with a skull logo.
The Dinobots have been confirmed to appear in the film. Ratchet, and Leadfoot, have been seen on set though their inclusion in the film has yet to be been mentioned. A Chevrolet Suburban similar to the Dreads' alt mode has also been spotted on set. For the production, two identical instances of each vehicle were obtained, to have as a backup.
During production for Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Shia LaBeouf and Michael Bay confirmed that they wouldn't return for a fourth installment of the franchise. Roland Emmerich, Joe Johnston, Jon Turteltaub, Stephen Sommers, Louis Leterrier and David Yates were rumored to replace Bay. Jason Statham was rumored to star in the fourth installment. Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner reveals that he was able to announce the film as he was talking with Steven Spielberg, Bay and Paramount. Rumors reveal that the fourth and fifth installment will be shot back-to-back with Statham as the lead role although he and Bay denied these rumors. Spielberg hopes Bay to return for a fourth installment.
After final negotiations with Bay to direct the film, subsequently  producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura confirmed that there would be a fourth film in the franchise. In February 2012, Paramount Pictures and Michael Bay announced that Bay would be producing and directing a fourth Transformers film, scheduled for a June 27, 2014 release. The film will not be a reboot and it will be a sequel to Transformers: Dark of the Moon, taking place four years later. Ehren Kruger and Steve Jablonsky will return to write the script and the score, respectively. In April 2013, it was announced that China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises will co-produce the film with Paramount. There are three possible subtitles that were revealed for Transformers 4 On September 1, 2013. Fusible revealed three which were Transformers: Last Stand, Transformers: Future Cast, and Transformers: Apocalypse. On September 2, TFW 2005 revealed one last possible title which is called Transformers: Age of Extinction. On September 3, 2013, Paramount released an official teaser poster revealing Transformers: Age of Extinction as the film's title and Bay later announced the film will be a semi-reboot of the franchise.
Shia LaBeouf will not return in any future installments, with Mark Wahlberg having been cast in the lead role of Cade. In November 2012, casting began to search for two more leads. Isabelle Cornish, Nicola Peltz, Gabriella Wilde and Margaret Qualley were all considered to play Tessa, Cade's daughter, while Luke Grimes, Landon Liboiron, Brenton Thwaites, Jack Reynor and Hunter Parrish were all considered to play Shane, actor Tessa's race car driving boyfriend. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the three leads are contracted for three new films. In January 2013, Bay announced on his website that Reynor had been cast as Shane, and in March 2013 Bay announced that Nicola Peltz had been cast as Tessa.
Peter Cullen, who voiced Optimus Prime in the films, will reprise his role and Tyrese Gibson is in talks to cameo as Robert Epps. Glenn Morshower stated in September 2012 that he would appear in the next two films, reprising his role of General Morshower, but Morshower announced in May 2013 that he would not be able to appear in the new films due to a scheduling conflict. In April 2013, Bay revealed that actor Stanley Tucci had joined the cast. On May 1, 2013, actor Kelsey Grammer was cast as the lead human villain named Harold Attinger. On May 6, 2013, actress Sophia Myles was cast in a major supporting role. That same month, Chinese actress Li Bingbing and comedian T. J. Miller joined the cast. On July 14, 2013, Bay announced that Han Geng has joined the cast. That same month, Titus Welliver has also joined the cast.
Bay announced that filming had begun on May 28, 2013, alongside the announcement that they had begun filming in Monument Valley, Utah. Detroit, Michigan, was used as a stand-in for Hong Kong while McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois, was redressed to portray a city in China. It is the first feature film to be shot using smaller digital IMAX 3D cameras. The film will feature two unknown Autobots who will transform into a black and blue 2013 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse (going by production name "Drift"), and a green 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray concept (going by production name "Slingshot"). Also revealed is a truck from Western Star Trucks will be Optimus Prime's new alternate mode. The Decepticon Cyclonus & The Dinobots have been confirmed to appear.
Accidents and incidents
On October 17, 2013, while filming in Hong Kong, Bay was assaulted by two brothers surnamed Mak, who demanded a payment of HK$100,000 (US$12,900). The elder brother had also assaulted three police officers during the incident. Both brothers and a third man surnamed Chan were arrested on suspicion of assault, with the younger Mak also charged on suspicion of blackmail.
- "Transformers: Age of Extinction". The Hollywood Reporter. October 18, 2013.
- Franich, Darren (April 2, 2013). "Paramount co-producing 'Transformers 4' with Chinese company". Entertainment Weekly.
- "Michael Bay Returning to Direct TRANSFORMERS for June 2014 Release | Collider | Page 145200". Collider. 2012-02-13. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- Transformers 4 will be in 3D
- Michael Bay Re-Teams With His 'Pain & Gain' Star Mark Wahlberg for Transformers 4
- 07/29/2013 17:23:17 (2013-07-30). "Mark Wahlberg On 'Transformers 4' Surprise: Dinobots? What Dinobots? - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV.com. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- Welcome Nicola Peltz to Transformers 4
- Julian, Mark. "Mark Wahlberg On The TRANSFORMERS 4 Human Element". Comicbookmovie.com. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- Jack Reynor Lands Starring Role
- Kelsey Grammer Lands Lead (Human) Villain In ‘Transformers’ Sequel
- CinemaCon: Stanley Tucci Joins Transformers 4
- Sophia Myles to Join Mark Wahlberg in Michael Bay's 'Transformers 4' (Exclusive)
- T.J. Miller Joins 'Transformers4'
- "'Transformers 4′ Adds Titus Welliver". Deadline Hollywood. July 24, 2013.
- China's Li Bingbing Boards 'Transformers 4'
- 08:41 PM. "Victoria Summer In Transformers 4 - Transformers News". TFW2005. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- Han Geng
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Niels Arden Oplev’s ‘Racewalking’; ‘Transformers 4′ Adds Chinese Cast; ‘Pine Ridge’ UK Sale
- 01:16 AM (2013-05-29). "Transformers 4 Optimus Prime New Look Revealed. Update: Confirmed! - Transformers News". TFW2005. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- Transformers 4 Bumblebee New Vehicle Mode Confirmed - Official Photo Revealed - Transformers News - TFW2005.
- Bumblebee 2014 concept camaro officially revealed
- 03:13 PM (2013-05-31). "Transformers 4 - Autobot Hound Confirmed! - Transformers News". TFW2005. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- Robot Names Of The Two New Transformers 4 Autobots Revealed - Transformers News - TFW2005
- "A Pagani Huayra Joins the Transformers 4 Car Line-Up". ComingSoon.net. 25 June 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- "Pagani Huayra's name accidentally revealed on Entertainment Tonight". Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- Lamborghini Aventador to feature in Transformers 4
- Michael Bay (2013-06-12). "Sonic RS Rally Car". Michael Bay. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- Vijayenthiran, Viknesh (2013-06-17). "Chevrolet Sonic RS Rally Car Is the Latest to Join Transformers 4". Motor Authority. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- Freightliner Argosy cab over trailer truck joins Transformers 4 car line-up
- Chinese Concept Car E-jet spotted on the set of Transformers 4
- Chinese Concept Car E-jet possibly a Cybertronian in disguise
- Dinobots Officially Confirmed
- "Leadfoot Sighted On Location Of Transformers 4". Seibertron.com. 2013-08-27. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "Ratchet sighted on location of Transformers 4". twf2005.com. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "Dreads return for Transformers: Age of Extinction". Retrieved 2013-09-30.
- "Transformers: Age of Extinction - Set Visit Shows Michael Bay In-Action, New Optimus Prime, More". tformers.com.
- "Transformers 4 | Collider | Page 2". Collider. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "6 Directors Who Could Take Over the TRANSFORMERS Franchise | Collider | Page 100332". Collider. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "TRANSFORMERS 4 News and the Micronauts movie | Collider | Page 120848". Collider. 2011-09-28. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "TRANSFORMERS 4 and TRANSFORMERS 5 to Shoot Back-to-Back; Jason Statham May Star | Collider | Page 121014". Collider. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "Steven Spielberg Talks Michael Bay Returning for TRANSFORMERS 4; Says They Have a Genre for INDIANA JONES 5 | Collider | Page 130116". Collider. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "Michael Bay Returning to Direct TRANSFORMERS 4 | Collider | Page 130854". Collider. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura Talks MAN ON A LEDGE, LAST STAND, and FIVE AGAINST THE BULLET | Collider | Page 137068". Collider. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- Chitwood, Adam. "Paramount Eyeing a 2014 Release for TRANSFORMERS 4? [Updated with Details]". Collider.
- Chitwood, Adam (February 13, 2012). "Michael Bay Returning to Direct TRANSFORMERS for June 2014 Release". Collider. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- "Jack Reynor : Michael Bay Dot Com". Michaelbay.com. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- Goldberg, Matt (November 11, 2012). "TRANSFORMERS 4 to Take Place Four Years after TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON". Collider. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- Goldberg, Matt (April 26, 2012). "Ehren Kruger Returns to Write TRANSFORMERS 4; Shia LaBeouf Definitely Out". Collider. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- Sol Fury (June 16, 2012). "Steve Jablonsky Scoring Transformers 4 - Transformers News". TFW2005. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- Zakarin, Jordan (April 2, 2013). "'Transformers 4' to Film in China, Star Chinese Actors as Paramount Enters Co-Production Agreement". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Shackleton, Liz (April 3, 2013). "Paramount partners with China on Transformers 4". Screen International.
- Transformers 4 Title Revealed And Possible Spoilers Via Trademarks
- September 1, 2013 (2013-09-01). "Transformers 4 film to be titled Apocalypse or Last Stand? Domains privately registered [UPDATED". Fusible. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "Mark Wahlberg May Star in TRANSFORMERS 4". Collider. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- "Michael Bay Considering Mark Wahlberg for TRANSFORMERS 4". Collider. 2012-11-07. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- "Mark Wahlberg Confirmed for TRANSFORMERS 4, Plus a New Logo for the Film". Collider. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- Kit, Borys (14 November 2012). "Michael Bay Testing Hot Young Actors for 'Transformers 4' Leads (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- Nicola Peltz cast as Transformers 4 female lead
- 06:10 PM (2012-09-21). "Michael Bay Talks Transformers 4 - Peter Cullen Is Returning As Optimus Prime - Transformers News". TFW2005. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- 02:05 PM. "Tyrese Gibson In Talks For Transformers 4 - Transformers News". TFW2005. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- 04:20 PM (2012-09-23). "Glenn Morshower Talks Transformers 4 And 5 - Filming Starts December - Transformers News". TFW2005. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- "General Morshower not returning to Transformers 4". Transformers Live Action Movie Blog. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- Exclusive: Michael Bay Reveals TRANSFORMERS 4 Will Shoot the ‘Showcase Scenes’ With the New IMAX 3D Digital Camera
- Kelsey Grammer Lands Lead (Human) Villain In ‘Transformers’ Sequel
- T.J. Miller Joins 'Transformers 4'
- Williams, Candice (2013-08-09). "'Transformers 4' ends filming in downtown Detroit with one last glimpse for fans". The Detroit News. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "Photos: Transformers 4 Filming in Chicago". Chicago Tribune. 2013-08-21. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- 07:14 PM (2013-05-28). "New Cars sighted on Transformers 4 set, Confirmed to be New Autobots - Transformers News". TFW2005. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- 10:09 AM (2013-05-29). "Robot Names Of The Two New Transformers 4 Autobots Revealed - Transformers News". TFW2005. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "'Transformers 4′: New Optimus Prime, Two New Autobots; T.J. Miller Joins Cast". Screenrant.com. 2013-06-27. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- Hoegberg, Alexandra; Li, Grace (2013-10-17). "Director Michael Bay attacked on 'Transformers 4' set in Hong Kong". NBC. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Transformers: Age of Extinction.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Transformers: Age of Extinction|
- Official website
- Transformers: Age of Extinction on Facebook
- Transformers: Age of Extinction at the Internet Movie Database
- Transformers: Age of Extinction at allmovie
- About Transformers 4