|Traded as||BVB: TGN|
|Florin Muntean, CEO|
|Revenue||US$ 500 million (2008)|
Number of employees
Transgaz is a state-owned company, which is the technical operator of the national natural gas transmission system in Romania. The company handled in 2006 a quantity of 15.85 billion m³ of natural gas.
The company has a total transport capacity of 30 billion m³ of natural gas and a pipe network of 13,000 km.
Transgaz is a partner in the Nabucco Pipeline project.
Connections to other countries
- Hungary through the Arad–Szeged pipeline
- Ukraine through Cernauti-Siret natural gas pipeline
- Bulgaria through Negru Voda natural gas pipeline and Giurgiu–Ruse pipeline
- Moldova through Iasi-Ungheni gas pipeline that was inaugurated on 27 August 2014.
Listing on the Bucharest Stock exchange
On 26 November 2007, Transgaz issued an IPO on the BSE aiming to earn around US$84 million for developing on the local market and abroad but at the end of the IPO offer the company earned a total sum of US$2.52 billion making it the largest IPO on the BSE surpassing Transelectrica which earned US$308 million in 2006.
- Transgaz - company website
- "Moldova no longer 100% dependent on Russian gas amid EU pipeline inauguration". moldova.org. 27 August 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Romania Raised $95 Million From IMF-Pledged Transgaz Sale". Reuters. 17 April 2013. Retrieved 8 May 2013.