Transit Cape Breton
|Parent||Cape Breton Regional Municipality|
Sydney, Nova Scotia
|Service area||CBRM urban areas|
|Service type||Bus service|
|Fleet||17 buses and 4 Handi-Trans buses, including 9 low rider buses|
|Operator||Engineering and Public Works Department, CBRM|
Owned by the CBRM, Transit Cape Breton's operations area is the urban core in the eastern part of the municipality, namely Industrial Cape Breton, which includes the communities of Sydney, Glace Bay, North Sydney, Sydney Mines, Reserve Mines, and New Waterford.
Transit Cape Breton also operates "Handi-Trans" for passengers whose disabilities restrict them from using regular bus service. As of October 2009, Transit Cape Breton has also put 8 wheelchair-accessible buses into service which travel the regular routes. Their main feature is a no-stairway entry system with wider aisles.
Transit Cape Breton does not operate on Sundays or public holidays.
- 1 Sydney - Glace Bay (runs every 60 min from 7am-6pm and every 120 min from 6pm-10pm) Glace Bay - Sydney (every 60 min from 7am-7pm and every 120 min from 7pm-9pm) Sydney - Glace Bay (NO 7am, 8am TRIPS ON SATURDAY) Glace Bay - Sydney (NO 7am, 9am TRIPS ON SATURDAY)
- 3 New Aberdeen (leaves downtown Glace Bay at 8am, 9am, 12pm, 1pm, 4pm, 5pm and arrives downtown Glace Bay at 8:30am, 9:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm) (NO SATURDAY SERVICE)
- 4 Steele's Hill (leaves downtown Glace Bay at 7:30am, 8:30am, 9:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm, 430pm, 5:30pm and arrives downtown Glace Bay 8am, 9am, 10am, 12pm, 1pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm) (NO SATURDAY SERVICE)
- 5 Sydney - Sydney Mines & Sydney Mines - Sydney (leaves downtown Sydney 8am, 12pm, 2pm, 5:05pm and leaves Pitt Street at 7am, 9am, 1pm, 3pm, 6pm) (NO 7am TRIP ON SATURDAY)
- 8 Whitney Pier - Sydney (runs every 60 min from 7am-10pm)
- 9 Sydney - New Waterford (leaves downtown Sydney at 8:30am, 12:25pm, 4:30pm) New Waterford - Sydney (leaves Daley Rd at 7:10am, 9:15am, 1:15pm, 5:20pm)
- 10 Alexandra St.(leaves downtown Sydney 7:15, 8:15 and every 60 min from 8:30am–4:30pm and at 5:20pm) (no 7:15, 8:30, 9:30, 10:30 on Saturday)
- 11 Ashby - EDS (leaves downtown Sydney 8am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm, 4:30pm) (NO SATURDAY SERVICE)
- 12 Sydney - Sydney River (leaves downtown Sydney 8am, 10:05am, 12pm, 1:30pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5:05pm) Sydney River - Sydney (leaves Sydney River 7:45am, 9:45am, 10:20am, 1:45pm, 2:15pm, 3:15pm, 3:45pm, 4:15pm, 6:45pm) Sydney - Sydney River (NO 1:30pm, 3pm, 4pm TRIPS ON SATURDAY) Sydney River-Sydney (NO 2:15pm, 3:15pm, 4:15pm TRIPS ON SATURDAY)
- 13 George St - Cottage Rd (leaves downtown Sydney at 7:15am, 8am, 8:15am, and every 60min from 9am-4pm and 5:05pm) (NO 7:15am, 8am, 9am, 10am TRIPS ON SATURDAY)
**NO SUNDAY OR HOLIDAY SERVICE AT ALL**
- Community Foundation of Nova Scotia. Cape Breton Regional Municipality Vital Signs 2013
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|