From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up transmission in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Look up transmit in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Transmission is the act of passing something on in another place.
Specifically, it may refer to:
- Transmission (mechanics), a gear system transmitting mechanical power, as in a car
- Transmission (telecommunications), the act of transmitting messages over distances
- Transmission (medicine), the passing of a disease
- Share transmission, ownership change through other than transfer
- Transmission (wave propagation), in physics, chemistry, and optics
- Electric power transmission, one process in the delivery of electricity to consumers
- Transmission tower, providing support for overhead power lines
- Transmission line, for the carriage of radio-frequency signals
- Data transmission, the conveyance of information from one space to another
- Dharma transmission, the formal confirmation of a student's awakening in Zen Buddhism
- Transmission (genetics), is the passing on of genetic information
- Transmission (BitTorrent client), a free, open-source and cross-platform BitTorrent client application.
- Transmission (album), the fourth album by the Canadian band The Tea Party
- Transmission (band), an experimental/post-rock band based in the United Kingdom
- Transmission (film), a 2009 film
- Transmission (magazine), a literary magazine based in the UK
- Transmission (record label) a record label set by British rock band Porcupine Tree
- "Transmission" (song), a song by post-punk band Joy Division
- Transmission (TV series), a British music television programme shown in the UK
- Transmissions (album), the first album by trance musicians Juno Reactor
- Transmissions (Cold War Kids EP), an album by indie rock band Cold War Kids
- Transmission Communications, a record label
See also 
- Transmit (FTP client), a FTP client for Mac OS X.
- Transmitter, a device for propagating electronic signals
- Transmissibility (disambiguation)
- Transmittance, in optics, the propagation of a light wave through a medium
- Transmissivity in hydraulics
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.