Transmit (FTP client)
|Stable release||4.4.5 / November 13, 2013|
|Operating system||Mac OS X, Mac OS Classic (discontinued)|
Transmit is an FTP client for Mac OS X and Mac OS Classic (which is unsupported). Developed by Panic, Transmit is shareware – after a seven-day trial period, the product can only be used for seven-minute sessions until it has been purchased.
Transmit 4 includes a number of features, many of which take advantage of technologies Apple has introduced in OS X 10.4, such as uploading using a Dashboard widget or the dock, support for .Mac and iDisk/WebDAV, FTP/WebDAV/S3 servers as disks in Finder (since v4.0), Spotlight, Droplets, Amazon S3 support and Automator plugins.
The app was called "Transit" at introduction, but had to be changed due to a conflict with an existing product. Transmit was also made for Mac OS Classic, but it has been discontinued and made freeware.
Transmit is the recipient of a number of awards, including:
- Apple Design Award, 2005 for "best Mac OS X Tiger technology adoption, for its use of features like Automator, .Mac sync, Spotlight, Dashboard and more."
- MacWorld Expo Best of Show (among 12 winners), 2005
- MacMinute Showtime Award, 2005
- Keith Martin, Transmit 3, MacUser issue 21 7, Apr 2005
- Joe Muscara, Transmit 2.1, MacUser issue 18 24, Nov 2002
- Rob Griffiths, Transmit 3 - Powerful file transfer app, macosxhints.com, Dec 28 2005, Pick of the Week
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|