Transport in Fiji
- Main article: Rail transport in Fiji.
Total: 597 km; 597 km 0.610-m gauge (1995)
Narrow gauge: Note: belongs to the government-owned Fiji Sugar Corporation The railway is not for passenger or public use.
Ports and harbors
Total: 6 ships (1,000 GRT or over) totaling 11,870 GRT/14,787 metric tons deadweight (DWT) Ships by type: chemical tanker 2, passenger 1, petroleum tanker 1, roll-on/roll-off 1, specialized tanker 1 (1999 est.)
- Main article: List of airports in Fiji.
Major airports include:
Total 25 (1999 est.)
Airports with paved runways
Total: 3 Over 3,047 m: 1 1,524 to 2,437 m: 1 914 to 1,523 m: 1 (1999 est.)
Airports with unpaved runways
Total: 22 914 to 1,523 m: 5 Under 914 m: 17 (1999 est.)
- CIA World Factbook (c2002)
- Cane Train: The Sugar-cane Railways of Fiji by Peter Dyer & Peter Hodge (1988, New Zealand Railway and Locomotive Society Inc, Wellington) ISBN 0-908573-50-2 a revision of:
- Balloon Stacks and Sugar Cane by Peter Dyer & Peter Hodge (1961, New Zealand Railway and Locomotive Society Inc, Wellington)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Transport in Fiji.|
|This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|