Trapped (Colonel Abrams song)
|Single by Colonel Abrams|
|from the album Colonel Abrams|
|Length||4:13 (Vocal Version)|
|Label||MCA (US MCA-23568)|
|Writer(s)||Colonel Abrams, Marston Freeman|
"Trapped" is a single released by American dance music artist Colonel Abrams in 1985. It has since become known as Abrams' signature song and still receives airplay on dance radio stations in the UK and the US. The song combines elements of both R&B and dance.
This song has arguably remained Abrams' biggest hit on both sides of the Atlantic, topping the US Hot Dance Club Play chart for one week in September 1985 and peaking at number twenty on the soul chart. Overseas, it went to number three on the UK Singles Chart. The single has also been used as a sampled loop in Marradonna's 1994 club single "Out Of My Head".
In 2014 the track was sampled by The Subs reaching the charts, and released on their album Hologram.
- 12" single
|Radio Version (A-side)|
|1.||"Trapped (Vocal Version)""||4:13|
|2.||"Trapped (Dub Version)"||4:06|
|3.||"Trapped (A Cappella Version)"||4:16|
|Dance Version (B-side)|
|1.||"Trapped (Vocal Version)"||6:30|
|2.||"Trapped (Dub Version)"||6:44|
|US Billboard Hot Dance Club Play||#1|
|US Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales||#1|
|US Billboard Hot Black Singles||20|
|UK Singles Chart||#3|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 22.
- Marradonna's "Out Of My Head" from YouTube
- "Hell Interface Sample". WhoSampled. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- "Trapped - Coloned Abrams at Discogs". Discogs. Retrieved August 15, 2011.
- "Colonel Abrams - Billboard singles on Allmusic". Billboard.com/Allmusic. Retrieved August 15, 2011.
- Trapped at Discogs (list of releases)
- Hell Interface - Trapped at Discogs
- Trapped featured in Private Browsing sketch from Mock the Week series 13, episode 11
"Shout" by Tears for Fears
|Billboard Hot Dance Club Play number-one single
September 7, 1985
"Eight Arms to Hold You" by Goon Squad