Travel + Leisure
|Company||American Express Publishing Corporation|
|Based in||New York City, New York|
Travel + Leisure is a travel magazine based in New York City, New York. Published 12 times a year, it has 4.8 million readers, according to its corporate media kit. It is put out by American Express Publishing Corporation, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Express Company led by President and CEO Ed Kelly. The company also publishes Food & Wine, Travel + Leisure Family, and Departures magazines. Its major competitor and rival is Condé Nast Traveler and HAWAII Magazine.
Initially published in 1937 as U.S. Camera and Travel, it later assumed the name Travel + Leisure in 1971. The predecessor titles focused on travel photography, but the name change signaled a shift toward travel coverage in general. The editor-in-chief is Nancy Novogrod.
The magazine specializes in leisure travel and often features articles written by novelists, poets, artists, designers and non-travel journalists. It is known for its travel photography and covers featuring models lounging in upscale environments.
Its World's Best Awards, an annual reader survey rating destinations and travel providers, have been announced every August since 1995. Other annual features include the T+L 500, a list of the world's top 500 hotels, and America's Favorite Cities, where readers rank U.S. cities in different categories.
The magazine's Web site publishes original Web content and destination guides. The site's executive editor is Rich Beattie.
- Travel + Leisure Australia/ New Zealand (launched October 2005), ceased after December 2009 issue
- Travel + Leisure China (launched October 2005),
- Travel + Leisure Mexico, (launched October 2002),
- Travel + Leisure Russia (launched September 2003, defunct as of late 2007),
- Travel + Leisure Turkey (launched April 2005),
- Travel + Leisure Southeast Asia, (launched December 2007),
- Travel + Leisure South Asia (launched September 2006),
- Travel + Leisure India (launched January 2008).
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Alliance for Audited Media. June 30, 2012. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Our History". American Express Publishing. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "Список лучших 45 отелей опубликован в июньском выпуске Travel and Leisure - Туристические новости на 100 дорог". Tours.ru. 2009-05-21. Retrieved 2010-12-04.
- "Bam | Nature Is An Idea | 自然是个概念". Bam-usa.com. Retrieved 2010-12-04.
- "Kate Joynes-Burgess". Katejb.com. Retrieved 2010-12-04.
- "Bangkok is No.3 in Travel + Leisure Survey". Nationmultimedia.com. 2009-07-15. Retrieved 2010-12-04.
- "Outdoor's & Nature > Sports & Travel Magazines > Magazine Subscriptions | Buy Online @ Indiatimes Shopping". Shopping.indiatimes.com. 2009-08-01. Retrieved 2010-12-04.
|This article relating to a magazine connected with culture is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|