From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up travesty in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A travesty is an absurd or grotesque misrepresentation, a parody, or grossly inferior imitation.
In literary or theatrical contexts it may refer to:
- Travesti (theatre) (also spelled travesty), the portrayal of a character in a play, opera, or ballet by a performer of the opposite sex
- Burlesque, a literary, dramatic or musical work intended to cause laughter by caricaturing the manner or spirit of serious works, or by ludicrous treatment of their subjects
- Victorian burlesque, a genre of theatrical entertainment popular in Victorian England and New York theatre in the mid-19th century
- Travesti, a term used in South American cultures for a person who was born male but has a feminine gender identity
- Travesties, a comedy by Tom Stoppard (1974)
- Texas Travesty, a humor magazine published by students at the University of Texas at Austin
- Travesty generator, a computer program that generates random text from an example
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Travesty.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.