Travis Scott (rapper)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013)|
|Birth name||Jacques Webster|
|Born||April 30, 1992|
|Origin||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Occupations||Rapper, record producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, Drum Machine, Keyboard|
|Labels||Very GOOD Beats, Grand Hustle, Epic|
|Associated acts||Kanye West, T.I., Meek Mill|
Jacques Webster (born April 30, 1992), better known by his stage name Travis Scott (stylized as Travi$ Scott), is an American hip hop recording artist and record producer from Houston, Texas. In 2012, Scott signed to Epic Records before eventually signing to Kanye West's GOOD Music production wing known as Very G.O.O.D. Beats, in November of the same year, as an in-house producer, after appearing on the label's debut compilation Cruel Summer (2012). In April 2013, it was announced he signed with T.I.'s Grand Hustle imprint. He released his first official full-length project, a mixtape titled Owl Pharaoh, on May 21, 2013.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Discography
- 4 Production discography
- 4.1 2012
- 4.2 2013
- 4.2.1 Various artists - DJ Drama Presents: XXL 2013's Freshmen Class
- 4.2.2 Hustle Gang - G.D.O.D. (Get Dough Or Die)
- 4.2.3 Travis Scott - Owl Pharaoh
- 4.2.4 Kanye West - Yeezus
- 4.2.5 Wale - The Gifted
- 4.2.6 Jay-Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail
- 4.2.7 Big Sean - Hall of Fame
- 4.2.8 John Legend - Love in the Future
- 4.3 2014
- 5 References
Born Jacques Webster, on April 15, 1992, he was born in Houston, Texas. Although he was born in Houston, he grew up in Missouri City, an affluent suburban area outside Houston and attended Elkins High School. Normally, Scott would stay with his grandmother, while his mother worked for the company Apple, and his father owned a self-ran business. Scott attended the University of Texas at San Antonio before dropping out. Scott also used to skip school to meet up with Mike Dean for studio sessions.
2009-2012: Musical beginnings and record deals
Travi$ Scott began to produce beats at the age of 16, and then made his first musical relationship with longtime friend, Chris Lé Holloway named The Graduates. They released their first EP on Myspace in 2009. In 2010, he formed a duo with OG CHE$$, named The Classmates. They released two full projects, the first one named Buddy Rich, and the second named Cruis'n USA in 2011, with Travi$ producing all of the songs. After personal differences & financial disputes, OG CHE$$ and Travi$ broke up in late 2011.
Scott moved to Los Angeles from Texas after dropping out of college. Scott, with help from his friend Mike Waxx, who owns the website Illroots, started to record and release music. T.I. listened to one of Scott's songs titled "Lights (Love Sick)", which he released while staying in Los Angeles, and contacted Scott, asking him to come down to a studio. T.I. then freestyled a verse over for Scott's song "Animal". Scott then acquired the phone number of Kanye West's engineer, Anthony Kilhoffer and organised a meeting which allowed him to play his music for him. Kilhoffer then took Scott under his wing, and through Kilhoffer, he met Kanye West while in New York. Scott worked with Kanye on his debut project, Owl Pharaoh, which has been delayed numerous times, and GOOD Music's debut compilation album, Cruel Summer. Travi$ co-produced the songs, "To The World", "The Morning" and "Don't Like", and also produced and contributed a verse to "Sin City". Travi$ has also directed a number of music videos, such as "Brake Lights" for fellow former Very GOOD Beats labelmate, Hit-Boy.
2012-2013: Owl Pharaoh
Owl Pharaoh was supposed to be released for free in mid-2012. It was delayed however, and then slated for a late 2012 release. After re-making the project with help from Kanye West, Mike Dean and Anthony Kilhoffer it was again, delayed for sample clearance issues. In January 2013, Scott was featured on fellow G.O.O.D. Music member, Pusha T's mixtape, Wrath of Caine on the track "Blocka" produced by Young Chop. Shortly afterwards, Travi$ released his own version of "Blocka", entitled "Blocka La Flame", which featured additional production from Mike Dean and Travi$ himself. On March 22, 2013, Travi$ released another single off his mixtape called "Quintana", accompanied with a music video. The song features Wale and was produced by Travi$ Scott, Sak Pase and Mike Dean.
On March 27, 2013, XXL Magazine revealed that Travi$ was a member of XXL's Freshman Class of 2013. On March 29, 2013, in an interview with British DJ, DJ Semtex, Travi$ premiered a snippet of his next single, "Upper Echelon", featuring 2 Chainz. On April 12, Travis stated that Owl Pharaoh will be released on iTunes on May 21, 2013. The full version of "Upper Echelon" was premiered on April 18 also featuring T.I. and the following day it was released to iTunes. Then on April 23 the song was sent to Urban contemporary radio. The EP would end up being released for free.
Travi$ Scott performed a supposedly new single from his studio debut album, tentatively named 1975 featuring Big Sean at the Texan festival SXSW on March 13, 2014.  Travi$ later confirmed via his Twitter account that the song wasn't called 1975, but it was the first single from his debut album.  Then, again on his Twitter account, he confirmed the name of the album, entitled Rodeo. 
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
(featuring T.I. and 2 Chainz)
|"Yes Lord"||2012||Audio Push, King Chip||Inland Empire|
|"I Get It"||Meek Mill||Dreamchasers 2|
|"Sin City"||John Legend, Teyana Taylor, Cyhi the Prynce, Malik Yusef||Kanye West Presents GOOD Music: Cruel Summer|
|"Nervous"||Wynter Gordon||Human Condition: Doleo|
|"Blocka"||2013||Pusha T, Popcaan||Wrath of Caine|
|"Enormous"||Hit-Boy, Cocaine 80s, Kent M$NEY||All I've Ever Dreamed Of|
|"Back Up" (Remix)||Chuck Inglish||Droptops|
|"God Level"||N/A||DJ Drama Presents: XXL 2013's Freshmen Class|
|"2 Fucks"||T.I., Chip, B.o.B, Trae tha Truth, Young Dro||Hustle Gang Presents: G.D.O.D. (Get Dough or Die)|
|"$hut Up"||Trinidad James||10 PC Mild|
|"I’m Leanin’"||Meek Mill, Birdman, Diddy||Dreamchasers 3|
|"Crown’"||Jay Z||Magna Carta... Holy Grail|
|"10 2 10" (Remix)||Big Sean, Rick Ross||N/A|
|"Familiar"||2014||Ty Dolla $ign, Fredo Santana||Beach House EP|
|"Hell You Sayin'"||T.I., Iggy Azalea, Young Dro||SXEW (South by East West)|
|"100 Bottles"||Low Pros||LP1|
Julian Stephen - The University Of Julian 2
- 13. "Circles" (featuring Jay Wrecka)
Ro Ransom - Ransomnia
- 08. "Many Names, One Heart"
Various artists - Kanye West Presents GOOD Music: Cruel Summer
- 01. "To the World" (performed by Kanye West, R. Kelly and Teyana Taylor) (add. production)
- 05. "The Morning" (performed by Raekwon, Pusha T, Common, 2 Chainz, Cyhi the Prynce, Kid Cudi, D'banj and Kanye West) (co-production)
- 08. "Sin City" (performed by John Legend, Travis Scott, Teyana Taylor, Cyhi the Prynce and Malik Yusef)
Various artists - DJ Drama Presents: XXL 2013's Freshmen Class
- 07. "God Level"
Hustle Gang - G.D.O.D. (Get Dough Or Die)
Travis Scott - Owl Pharaoh
- 01. "Meadow Creek"
- 02. "Bad Mood / Shit On You" (co-production)
- 03. "Upper Echelon" (featuring T.I. & 2 Chainz) (co-production)
- 04. "Chaz Interlude"(featuring Toro Y Moi) (co-production)
- 05. "Uptown" (featuring ASAP Ferg) (co-production)
- 06. "Hell of a Night"
- 07. "Blocka La Flame" (add. production)
- 08. "Naked" (co-production)
- 09. "Dance On the Moon" (featuring Theophilus London and Paul Wall) (co-production)
- 10. "MIA" (co-production)
- 11. "Drive" (featuring James Fauntleroy)
- 12. "Quintana" (featuring Wale)
- 13. "Bandz" (featuring Meek Mill)
Kanye West - Yeezus
- 04. "New Slaves" (add. production)
- 08. "Guilt Trip" (featuring Kid Cudi) (add. production)
Wale - The Gifted
- 8. "Crown"
- 3. "10 2 10" (add. production)
- 18. "We Loved It" (featuring Seal) (add. production)
"1st Quarter Freestyle" (co. production)
- "Travi$ Scott talks about Growing Up in Houston". Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- "Travi$ Scott talks about working on Cruel Summer". Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- "Travi$ Scott talks about working on Cruel Summer". Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- "Travi$ Scott interview with DJ Semtex". Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- iTunes - Music - Upper Echelon (feat. T.I. & 2 Chainz) - Single by Travi$ Scott
- Urban/UAC Future Releases | R&B, Hip Hop, Release Schedule and Street Dates |
- "Travi$ Scott And Big Sean Perform Unreleased Track "1975"". Retrieved March 18, 2014, 2014.
- "Travis Scott; Twitter". Retrieved 30 March, 2014.
- "Travis Scott; Twitter". Retrieved 3 April, 2014.
- "Upper Echelon (feat. 2 Chainz & T.I.) – Single by Travi$ Scott". iTunes Store. Apple. Retrieved May 7, 2013.
- "HS87 - All I've Ever Dreamed Of // Free Mixtape". DatPiff. Idle Media Inc. March 12, 2013. Retrieved April 15, 2013.
- "Various Artists - XXL 2013's Freshmen Class: The Mixtape // Free Mixtape". DatPiff. Idle Media Inc. 2013-05-02. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- Vasquez, Andres (May 7, 2013). "Hustle Gang "G.D.O.D." Download & Mixtape Stream". HipHop DX. Retrieved May 7, 2013.
- Ramirez, Erika (February 6, 2014). "T.I., 'Hell You Sayin Feat. Iggy Azalea, Young Dro & Travi$ Scott: Exclusive Song Premiere". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- "Listen or Download Julian Stephen The University Of Julian 2". DatPiff. June 1, 2012. Retrieved June 1, 2012.