|Developer(s)||Travis CI community|
In software development, Travis CI is a hosted, distributed continuous integration service used to build and test projects hosted at GitHub. The software is also available as an open source download on GitHub, although its developers do not currently recommend it for on-premise use for closed projects.
Travis CI automatically detects when a commit has been made and pushed to a GitHub repository that is using Travis CI, and each time this happens, it will try to build the project and run tests. This includes commits to all branches, not just to the master branch. Travis CI will also build and run pull requests. When that process has completed, it will notify a developer in the way it has been configured to do so — for example, by sending an email containing the test results (showing success or failure), or by posting a message on an IRC channel. It can be configured to run the tests on a range of different machines, with different software installed (such as older versions of a programming language, to test for compatibility).
A hosted service, Travis Pro, supporting private repositories, is currently in beta testing.
- "Travis-CI README.textile: Goals". Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Travis-CI README.textile: Setting server environment up". Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Welcome to Travis-CI". Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Travis-CI README.textile: We Are Not Done Yet". Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- Tim Heckel (18 Feb 2013). "Meet Travis CI: Open Source Continuous Integration". InfoQ. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- Ben Welsh (14 June 2012). "Test your Django app with Travis CI". LA Times Data Desk. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- "Travis documentation". Retrieved 2 Jun 2013.
- "Plone developper documentation". Retrieved 2 Jun 2013.
- Manuel Pais (23 Feb 2012). "Travis CI Announces Support for Java and Plans for Travis Pro". InfoQ. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "Rails now tested on Travis CI". Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "All you need is love.travis-ci.org". 7 Feb 2012. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "Thank you, sponsors". love.travis-ci.org. Retrieved 27 May 2012.