2 March 1993 |
|Years active||2001 - present|
He was born in Manchester and lives in Middleton, Greater Manchester. He started training for an acting career as a toddler, attending classes in acting and dancing most nights of the week, and studying drama at the Oldham Coliseum starting at age 6. His earliest roles were television adverts and appearing on television programmes A&E, Heartbeat, Dalziel and Pascoe and Doctors. He then played several characters in the comedy sketch series Stupid for the CBBC.
He joined the West End cast of Billy Elliot in 2005, at the age of 12, becoming the fifth boy to perform the lead role of Billy. His debut was December 19, 2005. He left the show temporarily in June 2006, returning in October of the same year replacing Liam Mower. His final performance was on 1 September 2007. During his time in the musical he appeared on The Paul O'Grady Show (with Elton John and fellow Billy Elliot performers Liam Mower and Leon Cooke).
He has recently announced his engagement to Daniel Glover, they are due to enter a civil partnership later this year.
Travis currently resides in a band called Thinking Pretty with two of his friends, they have played several shows so far and plan to release an E.P in the near future.
He also looks strikingly similar to Everton, Preston and Ireland wing wizard Kevin Kilbane.
- Yakub Qureshi (2005-12-29). "''Oldham Boy Dances for Joy,'' Manchester Evening News, December 29, 2005". Menmedia.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-08-15.
- Jeni Harvey (2005-12-29). "''Travis Really Is the Next Billy Elliot,'' Manchester Evening News, December 29, 2005". Menmedia.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-08-15.
- "PHA casting agency". Pha-agency.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-08-15.
- Travis Yates Biography on the Official Website of Billy Elliot the Musical.
- Travis Yates at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about an English television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an English stage actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|