Treasure Island Media
Treasure Island Media (also known as TIM) is an American gay pornography studio founded in 1998 by Paul Morris. The studio specializes in bareback films. Treasure Island Media was the first studio to produce bareback films as part of an underground "bareback re-emergence" in gay porn in the late '90s. The studio is named after Morris's favorite childhood book, Treasure Island. In addition to the original San Francisco office, TIM has production offices in New York, London, Paris, Mexico City and Ft. Lauderdale.
In a 2011 interview, Morris said he started Treasure Island Media because he "was interested in preserving the integrity of pornography and the honest representation of male sexual behavior. When I started producing porn, the genre had become depressingly corrupt, representing only a small subset of sexual behaviors [...] I wanted to capture the kind of sex that has meaning for me and I wanted to do so as accurately and honestly as possible. I also wanted to document the men. I wasn't interested in what they looked like, I was interested in what they understood regarding the complex behavioral language of sex among men." He added, "Most recently, I've been motivated to produce pornography to directly address the appalling phenomenon of the HIV 'closet'."
In December 2010, the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration fined Treasure Island Media $21,000 for exposing employees (i. e. the models) to "semen and other potentially infectious materials".
Sales & Popularity
Controversy and criticism
In July 2009, Treasure Island Media sent out a press release announcing they had been banned from attending or participating in Folsom Street Fair, Folsom North, Dore Alley, Gay Erotic Expo  and International Mr. Leather.
Awards & Nominations
In October 2007, TIM won the prize for Best US Studio at the David Awards in Berlin. This caused controversy as TIM produces bareback films, causing Titan Media founder and CEO, Bruce Cam, to decline his award.
Golden Dickie Awards (from Rad Video)
- 2008: Best Studio, Best Movie (What I Can't See 2), Best Director (Paul Morris), Best Performer Top (Jesse O'Toole)  and Best Specialty/Fetish Movie (Damon Blows America 8 – Los Angeles).
- 2010: Best New Site; Best Video Company; Best VOD Site; Movie of The Year
- King, Mark S. (7 November 2011). "Mark S. King: The Most Important Gay Film Ever Made?". huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Treasure Island Media :: Treasure Island Media :: HOME :: HOME :: Paul Morris Papers". treasureislandmedia.com. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Paul Morris - Bareback Gay Porn, Bareback Sex, Gay Bareback Videos, Cum Swallow Videos". Treasure Island Media. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- Nichols; Morris, Paul (25 April 2011). "Paul Morris, Treasure Island Media's Maverick, Sets The Record Straight About Porn, HIV, & "The Complex Behavioral Language Of Gay Sex" – Part 1 – Let's Talk About Sex – LTASEX.INFO by Jeremy Stuart Nichols". ltasex.info. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Andrew, Mike (10 December 2010). "SGN - Seattle Gay News - Page 17 - OHSA fines bareback porn studio for safety violations - Friday, December 10, 2010 - Volume 38 Issue 50". sgn.org. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Mark S. King: The Most Important Gay Porn Film Ever Made?". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Xtra Archives". archives.xtra.ca. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Gayeroticexpo.com". Gayeroticexpo.com. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- Witchka, Keith (8 March 2009). "JRL interviews". jrlchartsonline.net. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Treasure Island Media Shutdown By San Francisco Police | JRL Charts". Jrlchartsonline.net. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "What’s Up With Colby Keller & Treasure Island Media?". Manhunt Daily. 2012-11-12. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- Karr, John F. (2013-08-08). "The Bay Area Reporter Online | Porn awards fall-out". Ebar.com. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- XBIZ (2007-12-19). "Follow-up: The DAVID Awards Controversy". XBIZ.com. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- Melloy, Kilian (2007-11-20). "Barebacking: Wave of the Future?". EDGE Boston. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Got ‘Em! 2007 David Award Nominees | The Adams Report by JC Adams". Gayporntimes.com. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "01-27-12 TIMFuck Exclusive: Jesse O’Toole & Mark Dixon | THE ISLAND". Treasureislandblog.com. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Who wants to see us win? | THE ISLAND". 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "2011 Cybersocket Web Awards Winners | The Adams Report by JC Adams". Gayporntimes.com. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "AVN - BJ Slater Signs Exclusive Deal with Treasure Island Media". Business.avn.com. 2010-08-20. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Treasure Island Media, Max Sohl Ink Exclusive Director Deal | JRL Charts". Jrlchartsonline.net. 2010-11-24. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Treasure Island Media Debut's New Exclusive Drew Sebastian | JRL Charts". Jrlchartsonline.net. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Treasure Island Media,NBCD Sign Newcomer John Dahl | JRL Charts". Jrlchartsonline.net. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Former Marine Ethan Wolfe Sign's with Treasure Island Media | JRL Charts". Jrlchartsonline.net. Retrieved 2013-08-13.