Treboeth is a suburb and historical village in the Mynydd-Bach ward of Swansea, West Glamorgan, Wales. Gwyrosydd Primary School is located in Treboeth. Gwyrosydd was the Bardic name of Daniel James author of Calon Lân, which is often sung at matches. involving the national rugby team.
The Swansea-Builth Wells National Cycle Route 43 passes through the village. The village is home to several places of worship including Caersalem Chapel, St. Albans, Treboeth Gospel Hall and Mynyddbach Chapel.
Notable people born and/or raised in Treboeth
- Cynog Dafis, Plaid Cymru politician and former M.P. for Ceredigion
- Catherine Zeta-Jones, Academy Award-winning actress
- Daniel James, the Welsh hymn writer.
- Joanna Page, actress
- Hannah Stone, Royal Harpist
- Dame Jean Thomas, biochemist
- Dewi 'Pws' Morris, Rock Singer, Actor, Television Presenter.
- Ceri Rhys Matthews, Traditional Folk Musician, Record producer.
|This Swansea location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|