- "Treeview" redirects here. There is also a phylogenetic tree visualization software named TreeView.
A tree view or an outline view is a graphical user interface element (widget) that presents a hierarchical view of information. Each item (often called a branch or a node) can have a number of subitems. This is often visualized by indentation in a list.
An item can be expanded to reveal subitems, if any exist, and collapsed to hide subitems.
Tree views are often seen in file manager applications, where they allow the user to navigate the file system directories. They are also used to present hierarchical data, such as an XML document. Extended tree view is the central component of an outliner application.
- Tree view widget in the GTK+ API
- Tree view control in the Win32 API (MSDN)
- Yahoo! UI Library
- Extended TreeView for .NET WinForms
- TreeView Control in ASP.NET 2.0
|This graphical user interface article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|