Tremec TR-6060 transmission
The Tremec TR-6060 six-speed manual transmission features six forward speeds and one reverse speed. It is derived from the Tremec T-56 6-speed manual transmission. As usual, the forward helical cut gears are synchronized however, the reverse gear operates through a fully synchronized constant-mesh system. The TR-6060 contains removable wear pads on the shift forks, and uses aluminum alloys for the main case, extension housing, and clutch housing. It is manufactured by Transmission Technologies Corporation and is rated for 600 ft·lbf (810 N·m) of torque.
Changes from T56-six speed
The FG Falcon launch documentation describes the new gearbox: "The new synchroniser package features triple synchromesh on first and second gears, and double synchromesh on all other gears, including reverse, which has significantly reduced gear shift efforts and shift travel.
The reduced shift travel provided by the synchroniser package has also allowed increased space for the use of larger gears, which are stronger to deliver improved torque capacity and gearbox durability. A new single-piece counter shaft also contributes to the greater torque capacity and durability enhancements.
Other features of the new TR6060 transmission include:
- Reduced friction in the shifter system courtesy of a new cam and anti-friction plunger to control the side load shift detents.
- Forward and rearward shift detent grooves are broached on the front of the main-shaft with a spring-loaded anti-friction roller, for more precise control of shift detents and positive shift feel.
- Anti-friction ball struts, sintered hubs and fine-pitch splines on all synchronisers for reduced friction between components - delivering improved shift feel and reduced shift efforts.
- Wider, two piece gears with machined clutch teeth for more precise gear engagement and reduced potential for gear block-outs."
General Motors uses Texaco ATF Type III 1863 fluid and is certified "fill-for-life," requiring no fluid changes. Ford US lists a fill specification of 3.65 quarts of Mercon-V automatic transmission fluid.
There is speculation that the use of thicker manual transmission oil can reduce the characteristic rattle noise on idle and during low revolutions under load - however, the use of such fluids could make manufacturers refuse to honor a drivetrain warranty.
- 2005-2009 Saleen S281 Extreme
- 2007–Present Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (remote mount shifter with dual braces and single linkage)
- 2008-2013 Chevrolet Corvette
- 2008-2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10
- 2008–Present Ford Falcon FG Range
- 2008–Present Holden Special Vehicles Range (From August)
- 2009–Present Dodge Challenger
- 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
- 2009–Present Cadillac CTS-V
- 2010–Present Chevrolet Camaro SS
- 2012–Present Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- 2013–Present Gen-F HSV
Selected Gear Ratios
|2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500||2.97||1.78||1.30||1.00||0.80||0.63||?|
|2008 Ford Falcon Ute & XR6||3.36||2.07||1.35||1.00||0.71||0.57||3.28|
|2008 Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo & XR8||2.98||1.78||1.30||1.00||0.71||0.55||2.90|
|2009 Dodge Challenger||2.97||2.10||1.46||1.00||0.74||0.50||?|
|2009 Pontiac G8 GXP||2.97||2.10||1.46||1.00||0.71||0.56||3.28|
|2009-2013 Cadillac CTS-V||2.66||1.78||1.30||1.00||0.80||0.63||2.90|
|2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS||3.01||2.07||1.43||1.00||0.84||0.57||3.28|
|2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500||2.97||1.78||1.30||1.00||0.74||0.50||?|
|2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500||2.66||1.82||1.30||1.00||0.77||0.50||3.98|
|2013 - ? SRT/Dodge Viper||2.26||1.58||1.19||1.00||0.77||0.63||?|
- "2009 Tremec TR6060 (MH3/MG9) car transmission" General Motors Document, retrieved on 2009-06-03.