Trenton Township, Delaware County, Ohio
|Trenton Township, Delaware County, Ohio|
Location of Trenton Township in Delaware County
|• Total||26.6 sq mi (69.0 km2)|
|• Land||26.6 sq mi (69.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,056 ft (322 m)|
|• Density||80.3/sq mi (31.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086059|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Porter Township - north
- Hilliar Township, Knox County - northeast corner
- Hartford Township, Licking County - east
- Monroe Township, Licking County - southeast corner
- Harlem Township - south
- Genoa Township - southwest corner
- Berkshire Township - west
- Kingston Township - northwest corner
A small part of the village of Sunbury is located in western Trenton Township.
Name and history
It is the only Trenton Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Emergency medical services in Trenton Township are provided by the Delaware County EMS.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Delaware County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- History of Delaware County and Ohio. O. L. Baskin & Company. 1880. p. 588.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Delaware County EMS