Treviglio railway station
|Address||Piazza Giuseppe Verdi
|Distance||33.143 km (20.594 mi)
from Milano Centrale
|Opened||5 March 1878|
|Owned by||Rete Ferroviaria Italiana|
Treviglio railway station (Italian: Stazione di Treviglio), also known as Treviglio centrale railway station (Italian: Stazione centrale di Treviglio) is the main station serving the town and comune of Treviglio, in the region of Lombardy, northern Italy. Opened in 1878, it has a higher average number of passengers per day than Treviglio's other railway station, Treviglio Ovest.
The main station forms part of the Milan–Venice railway, and is also a terminus of two secondary railways, from Bergamo and Cremona, respectively. It is currently managed by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI). However, the commercial area of the passenger building is managed by Centostazioni. Train services are operated by Trenitalia. Each of these companies is a subsidiary of Ferrovie dello Stato (FS), Italy's state-owned rail company.
Treviglio railway station is situated at Piazzale Giuseppe Verdi, at the southern edge of the town centre.
In 1885, the station became part of the Rete Adriatica, under the management of the Società per le Strade Ferrate Meridionali (English: Company for the Southern Railways, SFM). After the nationalisation of Italy's railways in 1905, it was operated by the FS.
Passenger and train movements
The station has about 3.5 million passenger movements each year.
There is interchange at the station with suburban buses.
- History of rail transport in Italy
- List of railway stations in Lombardy
- Rail transport in Italy
- Railway stations in Italy
- Alessandro Tuzza and others. "Prospetto cronologico dei tratti di ferrovia aperti all'esercizio dal 1839 al 31 dicembre 1926" [Chronological overview of the features of the railways opened between 1839 and 31 December 1926]. Trenidicarta.it (in Italian). Alessandro Tuzza. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- "Flussi Annui nelle 103 Stazioni" [Annual flows at the 103 stations]. Centostazioni website (in Italian). Centostazioni. Retrieved 4 December 2010.
Media related to Treviglio railway station at Wikimedia Commons
|Preceding station||Milan suburban railway service||Following station|