Trevor Ó Clochartaigh
|Trevor Ó Clochartaigh|
|Ó Clochartaigh in 2013|
14 March 1968 |
|Political party||Sinn Féin|
|Alma mater||NUI Galway|
Born and raised in Huddersfield, England, Ó Clochartaigh's parents came from the Connemara area of County Galway. He attended NUI Galway, graduating with a Commerce degree. He worked in Irish language theatre, and is a former manager and artistic director of An Taibhdhearc. He also worked in television production as producer of Fair City and Ros na Rún, and in community development projects.
He first entered politics as a member of the Labour Party, unsuccessfully contesting the Connemara area of Galway County Council at the 2004 local elections. He subsequently left Labour and joined Sinn Féin, and was the party's candidate at the 2009 local elections and for Dáil Éireann in the Galway West constituency at the 2011 general election, but was not elected.
- "Mr. Trevor Ó Clochartaigh". Oireachtas Members Database. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- Collins, Stephen (2011). Nealon's Guide to the 31st Dáil and 24th Seanad. Dublin: Gill & Macmillan. p. 199. ISBN 9780717150595.
- "Trevor Ó Clochartaigh". Sinn Féin. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "Trevor Ó Clochartaigh". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "Counting continues in Seanad election". RTÉ News. 27 April 2011. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
|This article about a politician from Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|