Tri-City Roller Girls
|Metro area||Kitchener, Ontario|
|Teams||Venus Fly Tramps
Tri City Thunder (All-Star Team)
Plan B (B-Tavel Team)
|Affiliations||Women's Flat Track Derby Association|
|Org. type||Skater Owned|
Tri-City Roller Girls is a women's flat-track roller derby league in Kitchener, Ontario. On December 1, 2010, Tri-City became the third Canadian roller derby league to be granted membership in the Women's Flat Track Derby Association, an organization that thus far, is overwhelmingly composed of American leagues. Having only completed two full home seasons, Tri-City gained membership status with WFTDA ahead of their Toronto-based sisters at Toronto Roller Derby., The three house teams, The Vicious Dishes, The Venus Fly Tramps, and The Total Knock Outs play each other at home, as well as against other leagues' house teams. The All-Star team, or Travel Team, The Tri-City Thunder, plays other leagues' All-Star/Travel Teams, and qualifies for WFTDA ranking. Plan B plays other leagues' B All-Star/Travel Teams but does not qualify for WFTDA rankings. Tri-City originally skated in the North Central region, making them one of three Canadian leagues in that region; the others are Toronto and the Hammer City Roller Girls. Partway through 2013 WFTDA changed ranking systems removing the regions Past league skater Motorhead Molly played for Team Canada at the 2011 Roller Derby World Cup.
|Season||Q1 Ranking||Q2 Ranking||Q3 Ranking||Q4 Ranking||Regionals||Championship|
- "Congratulations to Tri City Thunder – full WFTDA status". Midnight Matinee. 1 Dec 2010. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- "WFTDA Welcomes Seven New Full Member Leagues". WFTDA. 1 Dec 2010. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- "WFTDA APRRENTICE MATCHUP: Thunder looks to switch off the Power". Derby Nerd. 13 Oct 2010. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- "Member Leagues". WFTDA. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- Mercy Less (5 August 2011). "Team Canada Roster Announced". Derby News Network. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "Current Rankings", WFTDA
|This article related to sport in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|