Tri Delta Transit
|Parent||Eastern Contra Costa Transit Authority|
|Headquarters||801 Wilbur Ave, Antioch|
|Locale||Contra Costa County, California|
|Service type||bus service, paratransit|
|Fleet||69 transit bus
6 med vans
10 commuter bus
Tri Delta Transit, also known as Eastern Contra Costa Transit Authority, is the local public transportation provider for the eastern area of Contra Costa County in the San Francisco Bay Area of California, U.S.A.. It provides local bus service in the communities of Bay Point, Pittsburg, Antioch, Oakley, Brentwood, Discovery Bay, and Byron. Tri Delta Transit local buses connect to the BART rapid transit system at Pittsburg/Bay Point and Concord. Tri Delta Transit buses also connect with County Connection bus service, WestCAT bus service, Delta Breeze bus service and Amtrak at shared bus stops.
Overview of fixed-route service
Tri Delta Transit operates in Eastern Contra Costa County and serves the cities of Antioch, Oakley, Brentwood, Byron, Discovery Bay, Bay Point, Pittsburg, Martinez, and Concord. Tri Delta Transit operates local bus routes (including express route 300) on weekdays, local bus routes on weekends/holidays, and shuttle service to San Francisco 49ers home games.
Major transfer points for the majority of Tri Delta Transit's routes include:
- Brentwood Park & Ride in Brentwood
- Hillcrest Park & Ride in Antioch
- Pittsburg Park & Ride in Pittsburg
- Pittsburg/Bay Point BART station in Pittsburg
- Los Medanos College in Pittsburg
Days and hours of service
Weekday service is provided on all routes except 392, 393, 394, and 395 which operate only on weekends and holidays.
|Route Number||Direction||Terminals||Route Map||Notes|
|North/East Terminal||South/West Terminal|
Express Service to Martinez
|East-West||Pittsburg/Bay Point BART||Martinez Amtrak||Route 200|
|East-West||Pittsburg/Bay Point BART||Concord BART||Route 201|||
Express Commuter to BART
|East-West||Brentwood Park & Ride||Pittsburg/Bay Point BART||Route 300|
|379||East-West||Antioch Park & Ride||Deer Valley Kaiser||Route 379|
|380||East-West||Tri Delta Transit||Pittsburg/ Bay Point BART||Route 380|
|Loop||Antioch Park & Ride - Neroly /Brown||Route 383|||
|385||East-West||Antioch Park & Ride||Brentwood Park & Ride||Route 385|
|386||East-West||Discovery Bay Park & Ride||Brentwood Park & Ride||Route 386|
|387||East-West||Tri Delta Transit||Pittsburg/ Bay Point BART||Route 387|
|388||East-West||Pittsburg/ Bay Point BART||Deer Valley Kaiser||Route 388|
|Loop||Pittsburg/ Bay Point BART - Wharf & Pacifica||Route 389|
Express Commuter to BART
|East-West||Antioch Park & Ride||Pittsburg/ Bay Point BART||Route 390|||
|391||East-West||Brentwood Park & Ride||Pittsburg/ Bay Point BART||Route 391|
- : Willow Pass Business Park service only during peak periods;
- : Cypress/ Mellowood service only during peak periods, clockwise loop only operates two morning trips;
- : Operates during commute hours only;
Weekends and holidays
Service is provided on the following 4 routes:
|Route Number||Terminals||Route Map|
|East Terminal||West Terminal|
|392||Antioch Park & Ride||Pittsburg/ Bay Point BART||Route 392|
|393||Brentwood Park & Ride||Mariners Cove/ Pacifica
Pittsburg/ Bay Point BART
|394||Antioch Park & Ride||Pittsburg/Bay Point BART||Route 394|
|395 Loop||Antioch Park & Ride||Antioch Park & Ride||Route 395|
These routes operate on weekends and the following days:
- New Year's Day (Actual & Observed)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (Actual & Observed)
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day (Actual & Observed)
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day (Actual & Observed)
The current fares are shown below.
|Type||Adult (17-64)/Youth (6-16)†||Senior (65+)/Disabled ‡|
|Single ride (no transfers)||US$2.00||US$0.85|
|Single ride - Route 300 (no transfers)||US$2.50||US$1.35|
|24 Hour Pass||US$3.35||US$1.35|
|20 ride Pass||US$33.00||US$17.00|
|Transfer from County Connection buses ₮||FREE||FREE|
|Transfer from BART ₮||US$1.25||US$0.85|
|Transfer from BART - Route 300 ₮||US$1.75||US$1.35|
- † Children 5 & under ride free when accompanied by a paying customer.
- ‡ Appropriate identification must be presented to obtain the discounted Senior/Disabled fare: DMV issued identification (senior fare), Regional Transit Discount Card (disabled or senior fare), Medicare card (disabled fare) or any transit issued disabled identification (disabled fare).
- ₮ In order to facilitate passenger connections between Tri Delta Transit and other transit agency at a shared bus stop, inter agency transfer slips are issued upon request at the time the proper fare is paid.
Tri Delta Transit offers for sale several bus passes which provide a discount over cash fare:
- 31-Day Pass for US$57.00
- East Bay Value Pass for US$60.00, valid on all Tri Delta Transit, County Connection (additional fare required on County Connection Express buses), Wheels and WestCAT fixed-route buses for the month the pass is valid.
- East Bay Value Pass Express for US$70.00, valid on all Tri Delta Transit, County Connection, Wheels and WestCAT fixed-route buses for the month the pass is valid.
|Type||Adult (16+)||Youth (6-15)†|
|49ers Express Shuttle|
|Single ride||Advanced purchase - US$17.00
Purchased on bus - US$20.00
- † Children 5 & under ride free when accompanied by a fare paying adult. One free kid fare per paying adult.
Intermodal Transfers and Regional Connectivity
The local transportation demand management organization 511 Contra Costa also provides information for intermodal transfers throughout the county, and works closely with Tri Delta Transit to improve regional transit.