Triangle Lake, Oregon
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|Area code(s)||458 and 541|
|GNIS feature ID||1130796|
Triangle Lake is an unincorporated community in Lane County, Oregon, United States. It is located about 25 miles (40 km) west of Junction City on Oregon Route 36, on the southwest side of the lake of same name. Triangle Lake is closely linked to the unincorporated community of Blachly, on the northeast side of the lake, and the two communities share a school district. Triangle Lake is served by the Blachly post office.
The 293-acre (1.19 km2) lake has had various names over the years, including Loon Lake, Lake of the Woods, and Echo Lake, but the name Triangle Lake (after the lake's shape) became the official name in the early 1900s. Before Fern Ridge Reservoir was completed in 1941, the lake was the most popular local spot for water sports. Triangle Lake county park continues to feature facilities for boating, swimming, and fishing (including largemouth bass, bluegill, yellow perch, brown bullhead, kokanee, cutthroat trout, and pumpkinseed). The lake is also popular for its rock slides.
- "Triangle Lake". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2008-04-01.
- Public Utility Commission of Oregon (1998-05-04). "ORDER NO. 98-185". Retrieved 2008-04-01.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; Lewis L. McArthur (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (Seventh Edition ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. p. 93. ISBN 0-87595-277-1.
- Lane County, Oregon eGovernment
- "The Road Less Traveled: Leisurely Routes to the Oregon Coast". Retrieved 2008-04-01.
- Historic images of round barn near Triangle Lake from Salem Public Library
- Directions from Eugene to the Rock Slides at Lake Creek Falls From Travel Oregon