Triangle North Executive Airport
|Triangle North Executive Airport
(Franklin County Airport)
|IATA: LFN – ICAO: KLHZ – FAA LID: LHZ|
|Serves||Louisburg, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||369 ft / 112 m|
Triangle North Executive Airport (IATA: LFN, ICAO: KLHZ, FAA LID: LHZ) is a county-owned, public-use airport in Franklin County, North Carolina, United States. It is located five nautical miles (9 km) southwest of the central business district of Louisburg, North Carolina.
It was known as the Franklin County Regional Airport until November 2008, when the Board of Commissioners of Franklin County approved the new name. As of February 2010, Federal Aviation Administration records give the airport's name as Franklin County Airport.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned LHZ by the FAA and LFN by the IATA. The airport's ICAO identifier is KLHZ.
Facilities and aircraft
The airport covers an area of 388 acres (157 ha) at an elevation of 369 feet (112 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 5/23 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,498 by 100 feet (1,676 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending July 1, 2008, the airport had 62,800 aircraft operations, an average of 172 per day: 96% general aviation and 4% military. At that time there were 65 aircraft based at this airport: 83% single-engine, 6% multi-engine, 2% jet and 9% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for LHZ ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 11 February 2010.
- "Triangle North Executive Airport (LHZ)". Franklin County, NC. Retrieved 17 March 2010.
- "Minutes: Board of Commissioners Meeting on November 3, 2008" (PDF). Franklin County. Retrieved 17 March 2010.
- "Franklin County Airport (IATA: LFN, ICAO: KLHZ, FAA: LHZ)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 17 March 2010.
- PDF at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial photo as of February 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for LHZ, effective May 28, 2015
- Resources for this airport: