Tribe (Queensrÿche album)
|Studio album by Queensrÿche|
|Released||July 22, 2003|
|Recorded||Robert Lang Studios and The Grove, Seattle, Washington, 2003|
|Genre||Heavy metal, progressive metal|
Tribe is the eighth studio album from the American progressive metal band Queensrÿche, released on 22 July 2003. It featured a reunited lineup, with Chris DeGarmo returning to contribute guitar parts and writing credits on some tracks. DeGarmo showed up for recording and was ready to tour again with the band in support of the album, but ultimately left due to clashes with singer Geoff Tate in the studio. Upon release of the disc Sanctuary Records misrepresented Chris Degarmo's involvement as a "reunion" with Queensrÿche, which some have considered to be a PR stunt to generate sales.
Tribe was self-produced by Queensrÿche, with Scott Olson engineering and Adam Kasper mixing the album. The album was not commercially successful generating only 75,000 SoundScan units as of 2007. Songs such as "Open" and "Losing Myself" have been played on the satellite station, Ink'd.
"Hostage" was a demo written by Jackson-Tate-Wilton during the Tribe sessions. But it was completed after the Tribe record was sent to the label. It was later substantially changed and re-recorded by Jason Slater and other outside writers for OM:2. The original version still remains unreleased.
|1.||"Open"||Chris DeGarmo, Geoff Tate, Michael Wilton||4:32|
|2.||"Losing Myself"||Mike Stone, Tate||4:12|
|3.||"Desert Dance"||DeGarmo, Scott Rockenfield, Tate, Wilton||3:57|
|4.||"Falling Behind"||DeGarmo, Tate||4:28|
|5.||"The Great Divide"||Tate, Wilton||4:01|
|6.||"Rhythm of Hope"||Eddie Jackson, Rockenfield, Tate||3:31|
|7.||"Tribe"||Jackson, Rockenfield, Tate, Wilton||4:39|
|8.||"Blood"||Rockenfield, Tate, Wilton||4:13|
|9.||"The Art of Life"||DeGarmo, Tate||4:12|
|10.||"Doin' Fine"||DeGarmo, Tate||3:54|
- Band members
- Guest musicians
- Chris DeGarmo - guitar
- Mike Stone - guitar
- Tim Truman - orchestral arrangement and performance on "Rhythm of Hope"
- Scott Olson - engineer
- Adam Kasper - mixing, engineer on "Losing Myself"
- Tom Hall - additional recordings
- Sam Hofstedt - assistant engineer
- Howie Weinberg - mastering at Masterdisk, New York City
|2003||German Albums Chart||52|
|Billboard 200 (USA)||56|
|Dutch Albums Chart||79|
|French Albums Chart||103|
|Oricon Japanese Albums Charts||245|
- Jurek, Thom. "Tribe - Queensrÿche". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2013-02-25.
- Fischer, Blair R. (22 July 2003). "Queensryche Tribe". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Apicella, Vinnie (19 January 2004). "Queensrÿche - Tribe". KNAC. Retrieved 2013-02-26.
- Schroer, Brendan (18 December 2011). "Queensrÿche - Tribe". Sputnikmusic. Retrieved 2013-02-26.
- "QUEENSRŸCHE Guitarist: GEOFF TATE Spat In My Face, Punched Me And Called Me A 'Pussy'". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2012-09-26.
- "Album – Queensrÿche, Tribe". Charts.de (in German). Media Control Charts. Retrieved 2013-02-26.
- "Tribe Billboard Albums". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2013-02-26.
- "Queensrÿche – Tribe (Album)". GfK Dutch Charts (in Dutch). Media Control Charts. Retrieved 2013-02-26.
- "Queensrÿche – Tribe (album)". Finnishcharts.com (in French). Media Control Charts. Retrieved 2013-02-26.
- クイーンズライク - クイーンズライクのアルバム売り上げランキング (in Japanese). Oricon. Retrieved 2013-02-17.