Tribune Media Services
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (May 2013)|
||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (May 2013)|
Tribune Media Services (TMS) is a syndication company owned by the Tribune Company.
TMS is a leading international provider of data for TV and movies. As part of its On® Entertainment product line, the company supplies data to companies such as TiVo, Roku, Virgin Media, DIRECTV and Time Warner Cable to enable a wide variety of entertainment guides and applications. In addition, this comprehensive metadata is used extensively for media measurement and analysis. TMS also produces Zap2it, a social TV hub that connects engaged entertainment fans to popular TV shows, movies, celebrities, and other fans. TMS is a data provider for over 4,000 companies. The company is headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Tribune Building at 435 N Michigan Avenue, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60611, phone 312.222.4444.
Tribune Media Services (TMS) serves seven main areas of content: television, movies, television, celebrity, marketing, advertising, Zap2It, and news/features.
In 1933 the Chicago Tribune launched the Tribune-New York News Syndicate which was a precursor to the Tribune Media Services. TMS was founded in 1965 to provide news syndication that has expanded and now provides entertainment information and news globally to technology and media companies.
- CEO: Daniel Kazan
- President/COO: John B. Kelleher
- VP/GM, Zap2it.com: Rebecca Baldwin
- Director, Business Development: Sheela Chandrasekhara
- Publisher, Custom Media: Todd Kavemeier
- VP, Finance: Lanna Langlois
- SVP, Product Development & International GM: Greg Loose
- VP, Marketing: Shannon Oborne
- EVP, Technology: Edwin Ong
- SVP: Kathy Tolstrup
Being a form of computer mediated communication the TMS services tend to lend themselves to the entertainment industries. But, they are also very heavily news-based, too. Through the subscription services they offer access to the following information services: ABC News, Garnnett News Services, Kiplinger Consumer News, Los Angeles Times World Report.
The TMS Content Delivery Site, part of Tribune Media Services (TMS) is a subscription content delivery service for newspapers and other media channels. Some of the content provided is comics, puzzles, games, editorial cartoons as well as feature content packages. The content delivery site also acts as a marketer for content from other sources, such as, U.S. News and World Report. The service has a partnership with the McClatchly Corporation providing multimedia content and info graphics worldwide.
TMS also offers products and services for niche markets through their TMP Specialty Products.
Critics say that while TMS is a respected service provider there can be errors in reporting:
|05/20/1995||Orlando Sentinel||incorrect stock prices of Disney and Goodyear|
|08/17/1995||Orlando Sentinel||commodities future tables incorrect|
|08/02/2003||Orlando Sentinel||inappropriately has an article praising the attributes of Jonah Goldberg’s wife|
Past names 
- Chicago Tribune Syndicate
- Chicago Tribune New York News Syndicate (CTNYNS)
- Tribune Company Syndicate
Current comic strips 
- 9 to 5
- Animal Crackers
- Bottom Liners
- Bound and Gagged
- Brewster Rockit: Space Guy!
- Dick Tracy
- Gasoline Alley
- Gil Thorp
- Loose Parts
- Love Is...
- The Middletons
- Raising Hector
Notable discontinued comic strips 
- Aggie Mack
- Brenda Starr, Reporter
- The Gumps
- Harold Teen
- Heathcliff (moved to Creators Syndicate)
- Little Orphan Annie
- Moon Mullins
- Mother Goose and Grimm (moved to King Features Syndicate)
- Motley's Crew
- Shoe (moved to King Features Syndicate)
- Smokey Stover
- Spy vs. Spy
- Terry and the Pirates
- Winnie Winkle
- The World's Greatest Superheroes
See also 
- Locations - About Us - Tribune Media Services
- Leadership - About Us - Tribune Media Services
- www.tmsfeatures.com >> Solutions - Solutions
- Content on Demand for Special Sections and Niche Publications at TMS Specialty Products
- The stock prices of Disney and Goodyear were wrong in... - Orlando Sentinel
- Because of incorrect information supplied by Tribune Media... - Orlando Sentinel
- No Getting Around It - Orlando Sentinel
|This article about a media company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|