|Directed by||Rajiv Rai|
|Produced by||Gulshan Rai|
|Written by||Arshad Parvez
|Editing by||Naresh Malhotra|
|Distributed by||Trimurti Films Pvt.Ltd|
|Release dates||7 July 1989|
|Running time||174 mins|
|Box office||16 crores + 121 crores (overseas)|
Tridev (translation: Trinity)is a 1989 Indian action thriller film directed by Rajiv Rai. The movie is an action-packed saga of three men — Naseeruddin Shah, Sunny Deol and Jackie Shroff — standing up against a crime lord called Bhujang (played by Amrish Puri), who has plans to spread menace in the country. The three protagonists come from different walks of life with different stories but are connected by their gallantry, honesty and common hatred for Bhujang and his kin.
The film was a blockbuster super hit after Ram Lakhan in 1989; it earned nearly 20 crores.
Karan (Sunny Deol) is a brave and honest police inspector who causes problems for the criminals in Mumbai, including Bhujang (Amrish Puri). His henchman try to get rid of Karan by framing him and getting him posted in some remote village called Madhavpur. Karan sets to put things right there too, and gets into confrontations with the locals who do not abide by the law. One of the lawbreakers in Madhavpur is Jay Singh (Naseeruddin Shah), who is a charming but reckless villager always ready to fight for the oppressed. After some initial tensions, Karan and Jay become friends. Jackie Shroff plays Ravi, son of the Mumbai Police Commissioner (Anupam Kher). After his sister Divya (Madhuri Dixit) is kidnapped by Bhujang, Ravi rescues her and then surprisingly joins Bhujang's criminal empire secretly wanting to get his own revenge on Bhujang.
After many attempts on life and few resurrections, the three join forces to destroy Bhujang's criminal empire with everything in it. The three leading ladies provide the love interests of the three heroes.
Three of Rajiv Rai's films, Tridev, Vishwatma and Mohra, have the unique distinction of making it to the list of films in which all the songs are superhits. All three movies had superhit songs that are played even today.
- Jackie Shroff ... Ravi Mathur
- Naseeruddin Shah ... Jay Singh
- Sunny Deol ... Inspector Karan Saxena
- Madhuri Dixit ... Divya Mathur
- Sonam ... Renu
- Sangeeta Bijlani ... Natasha Tejani
- Anupam Kher ... Commissioner Mathur
- Amrish Puri ... Bhujang/Bhairav Singh
- Raza Murad ... Mantriji
- Dalip Tahil ... Don
- Sharat Saxena ... Police Inspector
- Tej Sapru ... Bhujang's Son Goga
- Dan Dhanoa ... Bhujang's Son Ranga
- Rajesh Vivek ... Raghav
- Anjana Mumtaz ... Sudha Saxena
- Yunus Parvez ... Film Director
- Subiraj ... Judge Saxena
- Satyajeet ... Inspector Tripathi
- Shekhar Suman ... as Shrikant Verma
- Vijayendra Ghatge ... Ramesh Tejani
- Ajit Vachhani ...Don's Lawyer
Awards and nominations
- Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - Winner - Sapna Mukherjee
- Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award - Nominated - Amrish Puri
- Filmfare Best Male Playback Award - Nominated - Amit Kumar
- Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - Nominated - Alisha Chinoy
- Filmfare Best Music Director Award - Nominated - Kalyanji-Anandji
Additional programming was done by Viju Shah.
|1.||"Gali Gali Mein"||Alka Yagnik, Manhar Udhas||05:40|
|2.||"Gazar Ne Kiya Hai"||Alka Yagnik, Sadhana Sargam, Sapna Mukherjee||06:39|
|3.||"Main Tere Mohabbat Mein"||Sadhana Sargam, Mohammed Aziz||04:53|
|4.||"Raat Bhar Jaam Se"||Alisha Chinai||04:27|
|5.||"Tirchi Topi Wale"||Amit Kumar, Sapna Mukherjee||06:32|