Trier University of Applied Sciences
|Trier University of Applied Sciences|
|Type||Public University of Applied Sciences|
|President||Prof. Dr. Norbert Kuhn (from April 2013)|
|Location||Trier, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany|
The Trier University of Applied Sciences (German: Hochschule Trier) is a University of Applied Sciences (German: "Fachhochschule") located in Trier, Birkenfeld and Idar-Oberstein (Germany). With 7,000 students the Trier University of Applied Sciences is divided into three campuses in Trier (main campus Schneidershof), Birkenfeld (Environmental Campus Birkenfeld), and Idar-Oberstein (jewellery design). The Trier University of Applied Sciences must not be confused with the University of Trier (German: "Universität Trier").
The Trier University of Applied Sciences originally developed from the Staatliche Ingenieurschule für das Bau- und Maschinenwesen Trier and the Werkkunstschule Trier. In 1971, it became a part of the Fachhochschule Rheinland-Pfalz, and became independent in 1996.
Areas of study
The Trier University of Applied Sciences is divided into 7 areas of study (Fachbereich). Two of these areas are at the Environmental Campus Birkenfeld, and gemstone and jewelry design are in the town of Idar-Oberstein. The areas of study are:
- BLV: consists of civil engineering, food technology, and supply engineering
- Design: includes architecture, interior architecture, fashion design, communication design, intermedia design and gemstone & jewellery design.
- Business school: business administration, information systems, international business
- Informatics: computer science
- Technology: consists of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and industrial engineering
- Environmental Planning & Technology: at the Environmental Campus Birkenfeld
- Environmental Economics & Law: at the Environmental Campus Birkenfeld
|This German university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Rhineland-Palatinate building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|