|• Body||Panchayat (Special Grade)|
|• Total||27.3 km2 (10.5 sq mi)|
|• Total||41,201 |
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||KL-14, KL-60|
|Sex ratio||1109 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kasaragode|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Trikaripur|
|Civic agency||Panchayat (Special Grade)|
Trikaripur (Malayalam: തൃക്കരിപ്പൂര്)is a Special Grade Panchayat and a town situated at the extreme southern part of Kasaragod District in the North Malabar region of the Kerala State, India. It is the third largest town in Kasaragod district. This Panchayath consists of two villages: South Trikaripur and North Trikaripur. North Trikaripur village is centered around the Main Bazar, and the South Trikaripur village is centered around the Elambachi.
Trikaripur was part of the Mooshika Dynasty in ancient days.[when?] During the British Raj Trikarpur was administered under the Madras Presidency in Malabar District. It became part of Kerala with that state's formation on November 1, 1956.
- Trikarpur Bazar,Neelambam - തൃക്കരിപ്പൂര് ബസാര്
- Beerichery ബീരിച്ചേരി
- Mettammal മെട്ടമ്മൽ
- Karolam കാരോളം
- Valvakkad വള്വ്വക്കാട്
- Poroppad junction പൊറോപ്പാട് ജങ്ക്ഷന്
- Kaikottukadavu കൈക്കോട്ട് കടവ്
- Udumbunthala Central ഉടുംബന്തല
- Olavara ഒളവറ
- Elambachi ഇളമ്പച്ചി
- Vallappu വെള്ളാപ്പ്
- Thankayam തങ്കയം
- Koyankara കൊയോങ്കര
- Eyakkadu ഈയ്യക്കാട്
- Vadakkumbad വടക്കുമ്പാട്
- Nadakkavu നടക്കാവ്
Trikaripur is host to the following sports and arts:
- Acme trikaripur
- Town team trikaripur
- KMK Smaraka Kalasamithi, Trikaripur
- Pend international trikaripur
- vasc vadakkumbad
- Mettammal Brothers
- Rifai Duff&Kolkkali Sangam Mettammal East
- Huda Arts&sports Club Beerichery
- YMCA Beericheri
- Blac&wahit arts and sports club poroppad
- Alhuda library kannankai (poroppad)
- Green Star Arts & Sports Club Kaikottukadavu
- Muhammed Abdurahiman Memorial Library,Thankayam
- AB Ibrahim Master Smaraka Reading Room and Library, Elambachi
- Muslim Samskarika Sangham (MSS), Valvakkad
- VELLAP JUNCTION: The bund, and they way to famous Edayilakkad and road bridge to go to Kadappuram. The junction tourist can easily reach Cheruvathur, Payyannur, Trikarippur Town.
- VALIYAPARAMBA: 3 km west of Trikarpur separated from the mainland by back waters. One of the main tourist spots of the District. This is an island in the Arabian Sea. An ideal place for picnic also a fishing centre.
- KARIANGODE RIVER: Running through the hills and dales of Hosdurg Taluk. Immoralised as Tejaswini by great novelist Niranjana laps on its shore. The famous village of Kayyur - the cradle of agrarian revolutions where the farmers and farm workers staged a historic battle against feudalism and the British imperialism.
- BEKAL FORT: The largest and best preserved fort in the state. The alluring scene of the sea shore and its exhilarating natural scenery and beauty attracts the visitors. Fast emerging as an International tourist centre.
- ANANDASHRAM & NITYANANDASRAMAM: These are the two notable ashramams in Kanhangad.
Anandashramam, situated about 5 km east of the Kanhangad Railway station, was founded in 1939 by Swami Ramadas, a great Vaishnava saint of modern times. The main ashramam and other buildings have a beautiful setting in the midst of shady mango, coconut and other groves. There is a hill to the east of the ashramam, to which the devotees retire for quiet meditation and from its west, the surrounding extensive landscape can be seen in its natural grandeur. The spot at the highest point of the hill is so fascinating that the devotees, who go up the hill and sit silently, are blessed with deep peace and tranquility.
The Nityanandasramam, which is situated on the hillock about 500 m south of the Hosdurg taluk office, was founded by Swami Nityananda. The spot was at first part of a forest area. Here Swami Nityananda constructed 45 guhas (caves) in a mountain slope. There is a temple built in 1963, after the style and design of the famous Somanatha temple in Gujarat. A full size statue of Swami Nityananda in sitting posture made of panchaloha is one of the attractions of the ashramam.
- HOSDURG FORT: The fort with its round bastion looks imposing from a distance. Somashekara Nayak of Ikkeri dynasty built the fort. The place made well known by the Nithyanandasram with 45 caves.
- KOTTANCHERI HILLS: The rain forest near Konnakkad 30 km north-east of Kanhangad. Beautiful picnic centre and ideal for trekking. Thalakkaveri in the Brahmagiri mountain of Coorg is near this hills. Reflection of genetic beauty of Kodaikkanal.
- MADHUR: 8 km north east of Kasargod. Famous Srimad Anantheswara Vinayaka temple is situated here.
- RANIPURAM: Formerly known as Madathumala. About 48 km east of Kanhangad. Lying 780 m above sea level. In beauty and boundary of nature comparable to Ooty. An ideal place for trekking. Tourist cottages are available here.
- COORG: A land of chivalry and pride, a life of solitary splendour, rich food and spices is in short termed Coorg. Smell the coffee, taste the oranges, flavour with cardamom and savor the honey. Popularly termed as the Scotland of India
The population of Trikarpur consists of Hindus, Muslims and Christians. Places of worship in Trikarpur include:
- Town Juma Masjid,*
- St.Pauls Church,
- Beerichery Juma Masjid
- MettamelSayyid Muhammed Moula Juma Masjid.
- Mettammal East masjid
- Sree Chakrapani Temple,
- Madathinkeezhil Sree Vairajaatha Kshethram
- Uthamanthil Sree Kshethrapaalaka Kshethram
- Manikkanal Sree Vishnumoorthi Kshetram Thankayam.
- Kunnacheri Sree Poomala Bhagavathi Kshetram.
- Thiruvambadi Temple,
- Udinur Sri Kshetrapalaka Kshethram,
- Sree Kaleeswaram Temple and
- Eyakadu Ayyappa Temple.
- Vengalat Tharavadu Thankayam.
- Muhiyidheen Juma Masjid Vellap
- Valvakkad Juma Masjid
- Poroppad Badar masjid (historical )
- Kaikottukadavu Juma Masjid
- Udumbunthala Juma Masjid
- Olavara mundia Temple
- Olavara jumamasjid
- Vadakkumbad juma masjid
- koleth tharavaad
- puthiyedath tharavaad
- patwathavalappil tharavaad
- CH.Center Trikaripur
- Government taluk Hospital, Thankayam
- Primary Health Center, Udumbunthala
- MC Hospital,Trikaripur
- Life Care Hospital,Trikaripur
- Government Ayurveda hospital vadakkummbad
Trikarpur is home to a number of schools, including:
- VPP Mohd Kunhi Patelar Smarka GVHSS Trikaripur
- EK Nayanar memorial Govt. Polytechnic College
- Al-Mujammah English School (CBSE) and Madrasa, Vellap Road
- Peace International School, Ayitty
- Udinoor Govt. Higher Secondary School
- EK Nayanar Memorial Polytechnic College
- Hiflul Kuraan College Jamia Sadiyha Trikkarippur
- Kunnacheri ALP School, Kakkunnam, Thankayam
- Government Higher Secondary School south trikaripur, Elambachi
- PMSA Pookoya Thangal Smarka VHSS Kaikottukadavu
- GHS Elambachi
- C.H.Muhammed Koya Smaraka HSS Mettammal.
- Sree Narayana EMHSS
- PMSA Pookoya Thangal Smarka VHSS Kaikottu Kadavu
- St Pauls' AUPS
- North Trikarpur ALPS
- Thankayam ALPS
- valvakkad GLPS
- Maithani GLPS
- Gems English School Trikaripur
- Peace International School
- Udumbunthala Government LP School
- Udumbunthala Jamath UP School (un-aid
- Al-Mujammah Orphanage
- Ibnu Seena Special School, Udumbunthala
- Mettammal Government UP school
Trikarpur is also home to several institutions of higher learning:
- In Trikarpur
- munavvirul islam rabbaniyya shareeath college
- Around Trikarpur
- Trikarpur, Sub Registrar Office
- KSEB Office trikaripur
- krishi bhavan thrikaripur
- village office north trikaripur
- village office south trikaripur
- telephone exchange trikaripur
- post office trikaripur
Trikarpur is well connected with Rail and Road links. Trikarpur itself has a Railway Station. The major nearest railway station is Payyannur. Nearest Airport is Mangalore. Trikaripur also have easy access to NH-17. The proposed extension of Kollam – Kottappuram[disambiguation needed] National Waterway 3 to Kotti will end at South Trikarpur. Also The Transport will trough water in Valiyaparamba grama panchayath and Trikaripur grama Panchayath The nearest Boat jetty is Ayitty boat jetty.
- DR. VPP Mustafa, CPM leader
- Late V.P.P.Muhammed Kunhi, First Panchayath President and Considered as Father of Trikaripur
- Late. A.B. Ibrahim Master, Social and Political Leader of Communist Party(Karshaka Prasthanam)
- Late. Guru Chandu Panikkar, Famous Kathakali artist.
- A.G.C.BASHEER PANGAYATH PRESIDENT
- [C. M. Padmanabhan Nair], Socialist Party Leader.
- [V.N.P].ABDUL RAHIMAN HAJI ,SOCIAL WORKE LEDER (INL )
- [K.V AMBU ]MARKIST PARTY OLD LEDER
- Arya, Tamil Actor
- M. Mohammed Rafi, Indian footballer of the year 2010
- M Suresh, Indian Footballer
- vengalate kunhambu nair, socialist party leader and Muhammad abdurahman smaraka vayanashala founder
- A G Basheer Udumbunthala, AAM ADHMI* AAP*
- "List of cities and towns in Kasaragod".
- "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Retrieved 2008-12-10.
- Ornithological gazetteer of the Indian subcontinent, p. 82 ISBN 1-881173-85-2.
- "College of Engineering Trikaripur". edufaq.com.
- "College of Engineering, Trikaripur, Kanjirakuttom (Kasaragod) | Colleges in Kanjirakuttom (Kasaragod) Kerala". Punjabcolleges.com. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- "Driving Directions from GOKARNA to TRIKARIPUR – Trikaripur by road". Mustseeindia.com. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- "National Waterways". Retrieved April 23, 2012.