The main square in Trikomo
|• District||Famagusta District|
|Country (controlled by)||Northern Cyprus|
|• District||İskele District|
|• Mayor||Halil Orun (UBP)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Website||Turkish Cypriot Municipality
Greek Cypriot Municipality
Trikomo (Greek: Τρίκωμο) or Yeni İskele (in Turkish) is a town in north-eastern Mesaoria in Cyprus. De facto, it is under the control of Northern Cyprus. Trikomo gained municipality status on 1 June 1998. It is the administrative center of the İskele District of Northern Cyprus.
The town is known for its annual international folk dance festival and the 12th century Panagia Theotokos Church, which hosts an icon museum showcasing rare examples of medieval iconography in Cyprus.
Twin towns — sister cities
Trikomo is twinned with:
- KKTC 2011 Nüfus ve Konut Sayımı [TRNC 2011 Population and Housing Census] (PDF), TRNC State Planning Organization, 6 August 2013
- Iskele Municipality
- "TRIKOMO", Internal Displacement in Cyprus (PRIO Cyprus Centre), retrieved 20 October 2014
- "Karpaz Area Local Development Strategy". EU Aid Programme for the Turkish Cypriot Community. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 March 2015.
- "Samsun - Twin Towns". © Samsun-City.sk. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "Mamak - Twin Towns". © Mamak-City.sk. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "İskele Belediyesi ve Pendik Belediyesi arasında "Kardeş Şehir" protokolü imzalandı.". © Pendik-City.sk. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
|This Cyprus location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|