Trinidad State Junior College
|Trinidad State Junior College|
|President||Dr. Carmen Simone|
|Location||Trinidad and Alamosa, Colorado, United States|
Founded in 1925, Trinidad State Junior College is a two year college located in Trinidad, Colorado, United States, with a secondary satellite campus located in Alamosa, Colorado. The school offers up to 49 degree programs in academic or vocational fields.
With an enrollment of about 1,800 students on two campuses, TSJC offers courses in many diverse areas including Gunsmithing, Aquaculture, Cosmetology, Electrical Line Tech, Welding and Nursing as well as traditional Arts and Sciences classes like English, Biology and Chemistry.
Trinidad State Junior College is renowned as one of the top three Gunsmithing schools in the U.S. Yavapai College Gunsmithing School and Colorado School of Trades being the other two of the three top contestants.)
As a member of the NJCAA, TSJC also offers students the ability to participate in numerous athletic programs, including men's baseball, men's basketball, women's basketball, women's softball, women's volleyball, men's and women's soccer, and golf. The school's athletic mascot is the Trojan.
- Franklin Clarke, former All-Pro player for the Dallas Cowboys
- Danny Jackson, former two-time Baseball National League All-Star
- Cody Jones, former football player for the Los Angeles Rams
- Larry Walton, former football player for the Detroit Lions
- Gary Weaver, former football player for the Green Bay Packers
- Spencer Haywood, former Olympian and professional basketball player with the Denver Rockets and the Seattle SuperSonics
- Mark Grudzielanek, former professional baseball player All-Star with multiple teams including the Montreal Expos and the Los Angeles Dodgers
|This article about a university or college in Colorado is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|