Trinity Valley Baptist Seminary and College
- Not to be confused with Trinity Valley Community College, with campuses in Athens, Kaufman, Palestine, and Terrell, Texas.
|Trinity Valley Baptist Seminary and College|
|Location||Kennedale, Texas United States|
Trinity Valley Baptist Seminary and College is an unaccredited Independent Baptist seminary and college located in Kennedale, Texas. Founded in 1960, TVBSC purports to uphold "the doctrines, standards, and ideals of God’s word," including fundamentalist, and King James Only.
TVBSC began after a group of Independent Baptist pastors agreed to establish an institution in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, where biblical infallibility and inerrancy of Scripture would prevail without dissent or questioning. The first classes were held at a night school on the Tuesday after Labor Day, 1960, at the South Fort Worth Baptist Temple.
In 1961, TVBSC relocated to Kennedale on property donated from Bethel Baptist Church. The seminary is local in affiliation but enjoys financial support from beyond Texas.
The institution is governed by a board of trustees committed to upholding the tenets of Christian fundamentalism. The college portion of the institution did not begin until 1982. The curriculum is available for both on- and off-campus settings. The campus is located Tarrant County between Dallas and Fort Worth.
The institution is named for the Trinity River of Texas.
Located in what the seminary website proclaims “the cradle of fundamentalism”, the institution authorizes bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Its chief officers Billy B. Beck, president; Ronnie Reese, executive vice-president; Wayne L. Bonner, vice president, and Martin Wilkins, academic dean.
The six focal points of the institution are listed on its website.
- "Trinity Valley Baptist Seminary and College". tvbsc.org. Retrieved July 21, 2009.
- "History of Trinity Valley Baptist Seminary and College". tvbsc.org. Retrieved July 21, 2009.
- "Trinity Valley Baptist Seminary and College accreditation". tvsbc.org. Retrieved July 21, 2009.
- "Trinity Valley Baptist Seminary and College: Independent, Fundamental, KJV Only". geocitiex.com. Archived from the original on 2009-10-23. Retrieved July 21, 2009.
- "Sandylane Baptist Church, Kennedale, Texas". tvbsc.org. Retrieved July 21, 2009.