Triplemanía XXII was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) produced by the Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA) promotion. It took place on August 17, 2014, at Arena Ciudad de México in Mexico City, Mexico. The event was the twenty-second annual Triplemanía, which is AAA's biggest show of the year, and also marked the promotion's first PPV in a year, airing in Mexico as a regular PPV and internationally as an internet pay-per-view (iPPV). This was the first AAA PPV event to be broadcast simultaneously in English through SAP, having Hugo Savinovich and Vampiro as announcers.
Alberto Del Rio, only a week after his release from WWE, made an appearance at the event. He previously took part in Triplemanía X in 2002. WWE wrestler Rey Mysterio also appeared in a video package to end the show. Jeff Jarrett and Ricochet were advertised for the event, but both missed the event due to travel issues.
The event featured six professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing scripted feuds, plots and storylines. Wrestlers portray either villains (referred to as "rudos" in Mexico) or fan favorites ("técnicos" in Mexico) as they follow a series of tension-building events, which culminate in a wrestling match or series of matches.
||Aero Star, Jennifer Blake, Mascarita Sagrada and Pimpinela Escarlata defeated Mamba, Mini Abismo Negro, Sexy Star and Súper Fly
||Eight-person tag team match
||El Hijo del Fantasma defeated Daga (c), Fénix (c), Angélico, Australian Suicide, Bengala, Drago, Jack Evans, Joe Líder and Pentagón Jr.
||Ten-way elimination match to unify the AAA Fusión and AAA Cruiserweight Championships into the "AAA World Cruiserweight Championship"
||Taya (with Sexy Star) defeated Faby Apache (c) (with Drago)
||Singles match for the AAA Reina de Reinas Championship
||El Mesías defeated Electroshock
Other participants: Averno, Blue Demon, Jr., Chessman and La Parka
|Six-way steel cage Hair vs. Mask Lucha de Apuestas
||Psycho Clown (with Mini Clown) defeated El Texano, Jr. (with El Hijo del Fantasma)
||Lucha de Apuestas Hair vs. Mask match
||El Hijo del Perro Aguayo defeated Cibernético, Dr. Wagner, Jr. (with El Hijo de Dr. Wagner) and Myzteziz
||Four-way elimination match for Copa Triplemanía XXII
- (c) – refers to the champion(s) heading into the match
- ^ a b c d "Agosto 17 - Triplemanía XXII - Arena Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal". Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (in Spanish). Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- ^ a b c d Zellner, Kris (June 16, 2014). "The Lucha Report". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- ^ a b Meltzer, Dave (August 25, 2014). "Aug 25 2014 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Lesnar destroys Cena, Impact moves to Wednesday, Bully Ray, War Machine, more". Wrestling Observer Newsletter (Campbell, California): 23–25. ISSN 1083-9593.
- ^ Boutwell, Josh (June 28, 2014). "Viva la Raza! Lucha Weekly for 6/28/14". Wrestleview. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- ^ Boutwell, Josh (July 27, 2014). "Viva la Raza! Lucha Weekly for 7/27/14". Wrestleview. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- ^ Caldwell, James (August 12, 2014). "AAA news: Alberto Del Rio to appear at big PPV event on Sunday, but it's not Summerslam". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- ^ "Alberto del Río en Triplemanía XXII". Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (in Spanish). August 11, 2014. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- ^ "Triplemania news: Current WWE star Mysterio teases jump to AAA, Del Rio talks racism in first post-WWE promo". Pro Wrestling Torch. August 18, 2014. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- ^ Johnson, Mike (August 18, 2014). "WWE star appears on AAA iPPV & more news". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- ^ "Noche de Leyenda en Triplemanía XXII". Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (in Spanish). August 18, 2014. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- ^ Zellner, Kris (August 18, 2014). "Complete AAA Triplemania results and more: The Lucha Report". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- ^ Boutwell, Josh (August 25, 2014). "Viva la Raza! Lucha Weekly for 8/25/14". Wrestleview. Retrieved August 25, 2014.