|Born||Trista Nicole Rehn
October 28, 1972
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
|Spouse(s)||Ryan Sutter (2003–present)|
|Parent(s)||Stan and Roseanne|
Trista Nicole Sutter (née Rehn) (born October 28, 1972 in Indianapolis, Indiana) was the runner-up on season 1 of the ABC reality television show The Bachelor, before becoming the star of the first season of its companion show, The Bachelorette.
After her appearance on The Bachelor, Trista was selected to be featured in the gender-reversed spin-off, The Bachelorette. She chose Ryan Sutter as the winner, and the couple were married on December 6, 2003. They were paid US$1 million by ABC for affording the network the right to televise their wedding ceremony, which was broadcast as the finale of a three-episode special called Trista & Ryan's Wedding. The miniseries, filmed at "The Lodge" luxury resort in Rancho Mirage, California, drew over 26 million viewers, making it one of the most-widely viewed episodes in the history of reality television.
Trista appeared opposite actor Jason Alexander in a KFC commercial. She also has appeared in country music singer Brad Paisley's music video "Celebrity" in 2003 with Alexander, Little Jimmy Dickens, and William Shatner.
She was a contestant on season one of the television show Dancing with the Stars.
In 2014, Trista and Ryan appeared on the program Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars.
In February 2007, the Sutters told People magazine that they were expecting their first child in summer of 2007. During her seventh month of pregnancy, Trista was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. In July 2007, Maxwell Alston was born four weeks early stemming from pregnancy complications via c-section after a failed induction/stalled labor. Maxwell was first revealed to the public on the cover of Us Weekly magazine and made his first on-camera appearance in a video diary series Trista recorded for Momlogic.com.
On October 14, 2008, Trista and Ryan announced to Life and Style magazine that she was pregnant with their second child. Trista said that if the baby was another boy, they might adopt a girl. In April 2009, Trista delivered daughter Blakesley Grace via C-section. In April 2009, she also confirmed that she plans to undergo the Essure permanent birth control procedure.
In August of 2012, Trista revealed she recently underwent breast and eyelid surgery. She indicated both procedures were completed on the same day, telling an interviewer "I just thought, as long as I was going under, I might as well go for it."
- "Pressure's on the 'Bachelorette'". zap2it.com. November 25, 2002. Archived from the original on June 19, 2004.
- "The Bachelorette’s $1M Wedding Gift". Buzzle.com. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- Bruce, Leslie (January 13, 2012). "Where to Sleep and Dine During the Palm Springs Film Festival". The Hollywood Reporter. Los Angeles: Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 21, 2012.
- AOL Video's "You've Got" Series
- "Trista Sutter Dishes on Max's Second Birthday Party". People.com.
- "Watch Trista, Ryan and Baby Max at Mommy's Cover Shoot". Usmagazine.com.
- "Max Sutter: Ready For His Close-Up". MomLogic.
- "FreeJose.com". Maxim Magazine Hot 100 Women of 2003. Retrieved January 28, 2007.
- [dead link]
- "Ryan and Trista Sutter Welcome Blakesley Grace – Moms & Babies – Moms & Babies - People.com". Celebrity-babies.com. 2008-10-14. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- [dead link]
- Official website
- Trista Sutter on Twitter
- Trista Sutter at the Internet Movie Database
- Trista Rehn profile at NNDB