Davis at Redskins training camp in 2012.
|Date of birth:May 5, 1986|
|Place of birth: Atlanta, Georgia|
|High school: East Point (GA) Tri-Cities|
|Undrafted in 2009|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|Roster status: Reserve/Left squad|
Career NFL statistics as of 2012
Tristan Dion Davis (born May 5, 1986) is an American football running back for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He was signed by the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He played college football at Auburn University.
Davis has also been a member of the Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Minnesota Vikings and Washington Redskins. He retired from football on July 30, 2013 without playing a single regular season game in his entire career.
Davis was born in Atlanta, Georgia, attended attended Tri-Cities High School, in East Point, Georgia and was a standout athlete for the Tri-Cities Bulldogs baseball, football and track teams. Davis also earned All-America honors in baseball and track.
Davis led the SEC in Kickoff Return Yards Per Return in 2006 (27.0 ypr) and 2008 (27.4 ypr)and also led the SEC & NCAA in Kickoff Return Yards for Touchdowns in 2008.
Davis signed with the Detroit Lions on August 24, 2009 as an undrafted free agent. On September 5, he was released and signed to the team's practice squad the next day. He was released on October 30, 2009.
Davis signed with the practice squad of the Miami Dolphins on November 9, 2009. On January 6, 2010, he was signed off the practice squad. He was waived on August 23, 2010.
On July 31, 2011, Davis signed with the Minnesota Vikings. In a preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks, Davis received only one hand off and it was good for a 35-yard touchdown. He was released after final roster cuts on September 2, 2011.
New Orleans Saints
Davis was signed to the practice squad of the New Orleans Saints on September 21, 2011, but was released the next day.
On October 5, 2011, Davis signed with the practice squad of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He was released on October 18.
On October 25, 2011, Davis signed with the practice squad of the Washington Redskins. He was released on November 8, but re-signed with the squad on November 22.
On January 3, 2012, Davis signed a futures contract with the Redskins. Due to a knee injury, he was placed on the physically unable to perform list before the start of training camp on July 18, 2012. He was taken off the PUP list on August 2. After suffering a right knee injury in the last preseason game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, he was waived-injured on August 31, 2012. After clearing waivers, he was officially added to the injured reserve list on September 3.
- SBNation Profile
- "Redskins sign four players to futures contracts". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- Tandler, Rich (July 18, 2012). "Report: Minnifield, T. Davis to start camp on PUP". CSNWashington.com. Retrieved 2012-07-18.
- Jones, Mike (July 26, 2012). "Redskins training camp: Observations from Day 1". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- Jones, Mike (August 2, 2012). "Redskins training camp: Tristan Davis activated". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- Redskins drub Buccaneers 30-3 in battle of backups
- Jones, Mike (August 31, 2012). "Redskins’ cutdown day begins". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- White, Joseph (August 31, 2012). "Hightower among Redskins cuts; Jackson suspended". Richmond Times-Dispatch. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- Jones, Mike (September 3, 2012). "Redskins finalize practice squad". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-09-03.
- "DeAngelo Hall suffers ankle injury". ESPN.com. July 30, 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-30.