Triton (Dungeons & Dragons)
|Stats||Open Game License stats|
The triton appeared in the Dungeons & Dragons adventure module The War Rafts of Kron (1984). The triton also appeared in the Creature Catalogue (1986), and reprinted in the Creature Catalog (1993). The triton appeared as a player character class in The Sea People (1990).
The triton appeared in the second edition of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons in the Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (1989), and reprinted in the Monstrous Manual (1993). The triton appeared as a playable character race for the Forgotten Realms setting in Sea of Fallen Stars (1999).
Tritons are aquatic humanoid creatures, loosely based on the merman god Triton from Greek mythology. Tritons are of the outsider type but native to the Material Plane, though they are thought to originate from the Elemental Plane of Water. Tritons are able to magically summon water elementals and other creatures of the sea to come to their aid.
Tritons worship the deity Persana.
- Gygax, Gary and Robert Kuntz. Supplement I: Greyhawk (TSR, 1975)
- Gygax, Gary; Blume, Brian (1976), Eldritch Wizardry (1 ed.), Lake Geneva, WI: TSR
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual (TSR, 1977)
- Morris, Graeme, Phil Gallagher and Jim Bambra. Creature Catalogue (TSR, 1986)
- Nephew, John. Creature Catalog (TSR, 1993)
- Bambra, Jim. Creature Crucible: The Sea People (TSR, 1990)
- Cook, David, et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (TSR, 1989)
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1993)
- Schend, Steven E. Sea of Fallen Stars (TSR, 1999)
- Williams, Skip, Jonathan Tweet, and Monte Cook. Monster Manual. Wizards of the Coast, 2000
- Eckelberry, David, Rich Redman, and Jennifer Clarke Wilkes. Savage Species (Wizards of the Coast, 2003)
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|