Triton Media Group
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
Triton Digital, LLC, formerly Triton Media Group, owns radio stations and an audio broadcast technology company based in Los Angeles. The group is owned by a fund managed by Oaktree Capital Management.
Triton Digital® technology has connected audio supply to advertising demand since 2006, providing the technical backbone for the digital audio marketplace. The company’s innovative technology enables both live and on-demand publishers to build audience and revenue globally. As a pioneer in the space, Triton Digital has made that audience available programmatically for the first time, maximizing audience buying efficiency for advertisers across the world.
Triton announced a partnership to resell Slipstream Radio in 2008. Triton Digital acquired Ando Media in September 2009. Ando Media was founded in 2004 in Denver, Colorado. Ando developed software to audience measurement metrics for Internet radio, competing with the major firm Arbitron by 2006. In 2011 Ernst & Young named Schore (chief executive of Triton Media at the time) entrepreneur of the year for Los Angeles area advertising companies. In April 2011, the Media Rating Council accredited Triton's Webcast Metrics product. In January 2013 Triton Digital marketed an online auction system for radio advertisements called a2x.
- Alex Pham (October 11, 2011). "Triton Digital capitalizes on radio industry's sea change". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- Triton Media Group, LLC (January 4, 2007). "Notice of Sale of Securities" (pdf). Form D. US Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- Katy Bachman (September 12, 2008). "Triton, Kurt Hanson to Launch Slipstream Radio". Ad Week. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- Katy Bachman (September 16, 2009). "Triton Digital Acquires Ando Media". Ad Week. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "About Ando Media". Original web site. Archived from the original on February 13, 2004. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- Marcello Prince (March 21, 2006). "Internet Radio Stations Disagree Over How to Count Listeners". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "Seven Southland executives win entrepreneur of the year awards". Los Angeles Times. June 22, 2011. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2011 Greater Los Angeles Award winners announced". Press release (Ernst & Young). June 22, 2011. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "Triton Digital Media’s Webcast Metrics Achieves Media Rating Council Accreditation". Press release. April 7, 2011. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- Suzanne Vranica (April 28, 2013). "Old Media, New Tricks: Radio and Outdoor Companies Turn to Online Auction System to Sell Digital Ads". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "Triton Digital Introduces a2x, An Audience-Based Programmatic Buying Solution For Online Audio". All Access Media Group. January 17, 2013. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
|This United States media company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|