November 7, 1971 |
Bheemavaram Andhra Pradesh, India
|Residence||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Other names||Trivik,trivkoid,trivikram srinivas rao|
|Alma mater||Andhra University|
|Years active||1999 – present|
Trivikram Srinivas (born November 7, 1971 as Akella Naga Srinivasa Sarma) is a screenwriter and film director in Telugu Cinema. Srinivas has won the Andhra Pradesh State Nandi Award for Best Dialogue Writer five times for his dialogues in blockbuster films Chiru Navvutho, Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, Nuvve Nuvve, Malliswari, Manmadhudu, and Athadu.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2013)|
Trivikram was born to Vaidikha Velanadu Brahmin parents in Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh. He did his schooling and Intermediate in Bhimavaram. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Physics from DNR College in Bhimavaram. He holds an M.Sc, and was a gold medalist from Andhra University in Nuclear Physics. Trivikram married Soujanya who is the iconic Sirivennala Seetha Rama Sastry's niece. Trivikram was introduced to Telugu Industry by Sunil. Trivikram and comedian Sunil graduated from the same college, Trivikram was a BSc Student while Sunil was a B.COM Fine Arts student. He and comedian Sunil happen to be close friends, they even got married on the same day and the latter considers Trivikram the most influential figure. While teaching comedian Gautam Raju’s children, he developed contacts in the industry. Swayamvaram was the first film for which he got a chance to frame dialogues. But the movie Nuvve Kavali released before that and became his debut with dialogues. The dialogues which made him famous are Chirunavvutho, Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, Malliswari, Manmadhudu, Jalsa and Khaleja. Nuvve Nuvve was his critically acclaimed directorial debut for which he has also done playback singing. It was Athadu that strengthened his rank and position by bringing him the Filmfare Best Director Award. He has also directed Jalsa and recent all time blockbuster Attarintiki Daredi.
Trivikram had plans to write film dialogues, but instead had an interest in directing. Sunil, a friend and former roommate from college, introduced Trivikram to T.D.V. Prasad, who asked Trivikram to write the dialogue for the climax scene of the movie he was working on. Prasad, impressed with the result, then asked Trivikram to work as an assistant to director K. Vijaya Bhaskar. It was during this project the Trivikram received an offer to write dialogue for the movie Swayamvaram.
Although Swayamvaram was the first movie for which Trivikram wrote dialogue, but Nuvve Kavali, was released first. Trivikram went on to write dialogue for Chiru Navvutho, Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, Malliswari and Manmadhudu. He also worked as dialogue writer for the Telugu movie 'vasu' starring Victory venkatesh and Bhumika Chawla directed by A. Karunakaran
Trivikram received critical acclaim for his directorial debut with the film Nuvve Nuvve, a movie dealing in depth with family sentiments along with high doses of comedy. This was followed by the critically acclaimed film Athadu, rated highly for its technical standards. Athadu collected a distributors' share of 22 crore (US$3.5 million) in its total run, thus becoming the 2005 box office hit in Tollywood. Its satellite rights were sold for 3.5 crore (US$560,000). Following upon its initial recognition, the film was dubbed into Tamil, Malayalam, and Hindi, as well as being dubbed into Polish for a release in Poland as a Poszukiwany, becoming the first Telugu film released in Poland. The assassination scene of political leader in the movie "Athadu" has been used in Hollywood movie " The International" released a couple of years later.
Trivikram's film Jalsa became the most anticipated film of the year 2008, with a release of 325 prints in 1000 theaters. The film's audio rights were sold to Aditya Music for 90 lakhs, the highest for a Telugu film ever in the recent times. Jalsa became a major hit at box office by grossing 42 crore (US$6.7 million) in 50 days. Jalsa dwas followed by Khaleja released on October 7, 2010, for which Trivikram directed Mahesh Babu in two Thums Up soft drink commercials to assist in promoting the film. Mahesh khaleja was his next flick with an average verdict khaleja collected 35 crore (US$5.6 million) at global box office,Trivikram assisted in Teenmaar with dialogues and screen play he even directed few scences and arjun palwai's character in that film,Teenmaar did exceptionally well at Box office by collecting 50 crore (US$8.0 million)gross with a critic rating of 3.25/5.
Trivikram provided the dialogues and screenplay for the film, Theenmaar, starring Pawan Kalyan and Trisha Krishnan in a remake of Love Aaj Kal released in March 2011. His film Julayi.The audio of the film is released on June 10, 2012 and is released on August 9, 2012.Starring Allu Arjun and Illeana Which netted a share of 40 crore (US$6.4 million)at AP in just a time span of 21 days(3 weeks),thus become a huge profit earner for the producer and major box-office hit in Telugu film industry. Listed in top 10 tollywood blockbusters of all time.
His latest film with Pawan Kalyan, Attharintiki Daaredhi has released and created all time Telugu movie records of 82 years by breaking previous records of Magadheera(2009) movie. The movie is produced under banner Sri Venkateswara Cine Chitra, by BVSN.Prasad. He also has an upcoming movie under story discussion with Pawan Kalyan naming as "KOBALI" which both of them were producing and Trivikram going to direct it.Attharintiki Daaredhi has officially netted a share of 90 crore (US$14 million) in 100 Days worldwide its Pre-release revenue's fetched an additional 70 crores.the film is in No.1 slot in top grossers of Telugu film industry and listed in top 20 in Indian cinema.AD got a rating of 4.5/5.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2013)|
Filmography as a director
|2002||Nuvve Nuvve||Tarun Kumar, Shriya|
|2005||Athadu||Mahesh Babu, Trisha, Prakash Raj|
|2008||Jalsa||Pawan Kalyan, Ileana D'Cruz|
|2010||Khaleja||Mahesh Babu, Anushka|
|2012||Julayi||Allu Arjun, Ileana D'Cruz|
|2013||Attarintiki Daredi||Pawan Kalyan, Samantha Ruth Prabhu|
List of frequent cast and crew in Trivikram's films
|Actor||Nuvve Nuvve||Athadu||Jalsa||Khaleja||Julayi||Attharintiki Daaredhi|
|Devi Sri Prasad|
|Kota Srinivasa Rao|
|Vajja Venkata Giridhar|
|Amit Kumar Tiwari|
|Posani Krishna Murali|
- Swayamvaram (1999) (screenwriter story,dialogue)
- Ninne Premistha (2000) (dialogue)
- Nuvve Kavali (2000) (dialogue)
- Chiru Navvutho (2000) (dialogue)
- Nuvvu Naaku Nachav (2001) (dialogue, story)
- Vasu (2002) (dialogue)
- Nuvve Nuvve (2002) (dialogue, story, screenwriter)
- Manmadhudu (2002) (dialogue, story)
- Oka Raju Oka Rani (2003) (Lyrics)
- Malliswari (2004) (dialogue)
- Athadu (2005) (dialogue, story, screenwriter)
- Jai Chiranjeeva (2005) (dialogue)
- Jalsa (2008) (dialogue, story, screenwriter,screenplay)
- Khaleja (2010) (dialogue, story, screenwriter,screenplay)
- Theenmaar (2011) (dialogues,screenplay,screenwriter,co-director)
- Julayi (2012) (Story, Screenplay, dialogues, screenwriter)
- Attharintiki Daaredhi (2013)(Story, Screenplay, Dialogues, screenwriter)
Of Trivikram's work on Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, Fullhyd.com wrote "The highlights of the film are all the original humour and the subtlety in approach so alien to Tollywood. The dialogue writer, Trivikram Srinivas, is perhaps the real hero in this one."
He is popularly known among Telugu audience as "Maatala Maantrikudu" meaning " Magician of words".He is known for his crisp dialogue writing and intelligent direction.
The Hindu compared Trivikram favorably with Shankar, noting that while Trivikram "started his career as a filmmaker with a light-hearted film Nuvve Nuvve", and has been known for "his light-hearted scripts and dialogues, his work on the action film Athadu is "said to be on par with Hollywood flicks."
Srinivas Kanchibotla of Idlebrain.com commented on his directorial debut Nuvve Nuvve as follows:"If what Trivikram has showed us in Swayamvaram, Nuvve Kaavali, Chirunavvuto and Nuvvu Naaku Naccav, were to be considered as just a tip of the proverbial iceberg of his insightful and observant nature of the characters, if what Trivikram made us feel, delving into the depths of the characters in Nuvve Nuvve, if what Trivikram has demonstrated in his dramatic prowess and comedic timing in all the aforementioned movies, were just initial forays decimating the dullness and the dreariness that is plaguing the current telugu film character, assuring us that his best is yet to come, then we are in for some great treat for times to come."
- 2000, Best Dialogue Writer for Chiru Navvutho
- 2001, Best Dialogue Writer for Nuvvu Naaku Nachav
- 2002, Best Dialogue Writer for Nuvve Nuvve
- 2004, Best Dialogue Writer for Malliswari
- 2005, Best Dialogue Writer for Athadu
- Other awards
- "Trivikram Srinivas biography". Oneindia.in. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- Sri Atluri (April 10, 2008). "TC Exclusive Interview: Trivikram Srinivas". Telugucinema.com. pp. 1, 2, 3. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- "Trivikram Srinivas bio". 16 Reels. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- "`Athadu` gets ready!". Sify. June 20, 2005. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- "Trivikram to direct Prince in Thums Up ad". Oneindia.in. July 22, 2010. Retrieved March 3, 2011.
- "Deepika Padukone to do item number in Teen Maar". Oneindia.in. February 24, 2011. Retrieved March 3, 2011.
- "Pawan Kalyan, Jayanth’s movie will be released on March,28th..!". Telugmall. Retrieved March 3, 2011.
- Trivikram's next is Julayi
- "Nuvvu Naaku Nachchaav Movie Review". Fullhyderabad. September 10, 2001. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- M.L. Narasimham (February 23, 2004). "Action-packed thriller". The Hindu. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- "Nandi Awards 2005 Winners". Ragalahari.com. Retrieved March 3, 2011.
- "Tollywood " Directors " Trivikram Srinivas". Telugucolours. Retrieved March 3, 2011.
- "Vamsee Awards to Mahesh Babu and Bhoomika". Indiaglitz. February 28, 2009. Retrieved March 3, 2011.