7 November 1971 |
Bheemavaram Andhra Pradesh, India
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telengana, India|
|Alma mater||Andhra University|
|Years active||1999 – present|
Trivikram Srinivas (born 7 November 1971) is a screenwriter and film director in Telugu Cinema. Srinivas has won the Andhra Pradesh State Nandi Award for Best Dialogue Writer five times for his dialogues & 2 times won Filmfare Award for Best Director – Telugu films Athadu, and Attarintiki Daredi.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2013)|
Trivikram(born Akella Naga Srinivas Sarma) was born in Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh. He did his schooling and Intermediate in Bhimavaram and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Physics from DNR College, Bhimavaram. After that, he went on to complete M.Sc, in nuclear physics from Andhra University as a gold medalist. Trivikram and actor Sunil are graduated from the same college. They are close friends, and sunil considers Trivikram, the most influential person. In his early days of career, Trivikram used to work as tutor for comedian Gautam Raju's children, and slowly developed contacts in the film industry. Swayamvaram was the first film for which he got a chance to write dialogues. But the movie Nuvve Kavali released earlier and became his debut as dialogue writer. His mesmerising dialogues for films such as Chirunavvutho, Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, Malliswari, Manmadhudu, Jalsa and Khaleja made him an instant hit. Nuvve Nuvve was his critically acclaimed directorial debut for which he has also done playback singing. It was Athadu that strengthened his rank and position by bringing him the Filmfare Best Director Award. He has also directed Jalsa and recent all time blockbuster Attarintiki Daredi.
Trivikram had plans to write film dialogues, but instead had an interest in directing. Sunil, a friend and former roommate from college, introduced Trivikram to T.D.V. Prasad, who asked Trivikram to write the dialogue for the climax scene of the movie he was working on. Prasad, impressed with the result, then asked Trivikram to work as an assistant to director K. Vijaya Bhaskar. It was during this project the Trivikram received an offer to write dialogue for the movie Swayamvaram
Although Swayamvaram was the first movie for which Trivikram wrote dialogue, but Nuvve Kavali, was released first. Trivikram went on to write dialogue for Chiru Navvutho, Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, Malliswari and Manmadhudu. He also worked as dialogue writer for the Telugu movie Vasu starring Victory Venkatesh and Bhumika Chawla directed by A. Karunakaran
Though known as a dialogue writer, Trivikram also penned lyrics for a song in the movie Oka Raju Oka Rani, and sang a bit of the song Computersu Artsu Scienceu in his directorial debut Nuvve Nuvve.
Trivikram received critical acclaim for his directorial debut with the film Nuvve Nuvve, a movie dealing in depth with family sentiments along with high doses of comedy. This was followed by the critically acclaimed film Athadu, rated highly for its technical standards. Athadu collected a distributors' share of 220 million (US$3.6 million) in its total run, thus becoming the 2005 box office hit in Tollywood. Its satellite rights were sold for 35 million (US$570,000). Following upon its initial recognition, the film was dubbed into Tamil, Malayalam, and Hindi, as well as being dubbed into Polish for a release in Poland as a Poszukiwany, becoming the first Telugu film released in Poland. The assassination scene of political leader in the movie "Athadu" has been used in Hollywood movie " The Shooter" released a couple of years later. Trivikram's film Jalsa became the most anticipated film of the year 2008, with a release of 325 prints in 1000 theatres. The film's audio rights were sold to Aditya Music for 9 million, the highest for a Telugu film ever in the recent times. Jalsa became a major hit at box office by grossing 420 million (US$6.8 million) in 50 days. Jalsa was followed by Khaleja released on 7 October 2010, for which Trivikram directed Mahesh Babu in two Thums Up soft drink commercials to assist in promoting the film. Mahesh khaleja was his next flick with an average verdict khaleja collected 350 million (US$5.7 million) at global box office,Trivikram assisted in Teenmaar with dialogues and screen play he even directed few scences and arjun palwai's character in that film,Teenmaar did exceptionally well at Box office by collecting 500 million (US$8.1 million)gross with a critic rating of 3.25/5.
Trivikram provided the dialogues and screenplay for the film, Theenmaar, starring Pawan Kalyan and Trisha Krishnan in a remake of Love Aaj Kal released in March 2011. His film Julayi.The audio of the film is released on 10 June 2012 and is released on 9 August 2012.Starring Allu Arjun and Illeana Which netted a share of 400 million (US$6.5 million)at AP in just a time span of 21 days(3 weeks),thus become a huge profit earner for the producer and major box-office hit in Telugu film industry. Listed in top 10 tollywood blockbusters of all time.
His latest film with Pawan Kalyan, Attharintiki Daaredhi has released and created all time Telugu movie records of 82 years by breaking previous records of Magadheera(2009) movie. The movie is produced under banner Sri Venkateswara Cine Chitra, by BVSN.Prasad. He also has an upcoming movie under story discussion with Pawan Kalyan naming as "KOBALI" which both of them were producing and Trivikram going to direct it.Attharintiki Daaredhi has officially netted a share of 900 million (US$15 million) in 100 Days worldwide its Pre-release revenue's fetched an additional 700 million.the film is in No.1 slot in top grossers of Telugu film industry and listed in top 20 in Indian cinema.AD got a rating of 4.75/5.
Though busy as film maker, he directed commercials occasionally.
1) Pepsi Commercial advertisement with Ram Charan Teja & Indian Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
2) Celkon Mobile advertisement with Actress Tamanna and Cricketer Virat Kohli
3) Navaratna Thailam commercial with Jr.NTR in 2012, which is so popular.
As Director & Writer
|2002||Nuvve Nuvve||Tarun Kumar, Shriya|
|2005||Athadu||Mahesh Babu, Trisha|
|2008||Jalsa||Pawan Kalyan, Ileana D'Cruz|
|2010||Khaleja||Mahesh Babu, Anushka|
|2012||Julayi||Allu Arjun, Ileana D'Cruz|
|2013||Attarintiki Daredi||Pawan Kalyan, Samantha Ruth Prabhu, Pranitha|
|2015||Untitled Trivikram Srinivas project||Allu Arjun, Samantha Ruth Prabhu, Nithya Menen, Adah Sharma|
- Swayamvaram (1999) (Story, Dialogue)
- Ninne Premistha (2000) (Dialogue)
- Nuvve Kavali (2000) (Dialogue)
- Chiru Navvutho (2000) (Story, Dialogue)
- Nuvvu Naaku Nachav (2001) (Story, Dialogue)
- Vasu (2002) (Dialogue)
- Manmadhudu (2002) (Story, Dialogue)
- Oka Raju Oka Rani (2003) (Lyrics)
- Malliswari (2004) (Story, Dialogue)
- Jai Chiranjeeva (2005) (Story, Dialogue)
- Theenmaar (2011) (Screenplay, Dialogue)
Of Trivikram's work on Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, Fullhyd.com wrote "The highlights of the film are all the original humour and the subtlety in approach so alien to Tollywood. The dialogue writer, Trivikram Srinivas, is perhaps the real hero in this one."
He is popularly known among Telugu audience as "Maatala Maantrikudu" meaning " Magician of words".He is known for his crisp dialogue writing and intelligent direction.
The Hindu compared Trivikram favourably with Shankar, noting that while Trivikram "started his career as a filmmaker with a light-hearted film Nuvve Nuvve", and has been known for "his light-hearted scripts and dialogues, his work on the action film Athadu is "said to be on par with Hollywood flicks."
Srinivas Kanchibotla of Idlebrain.com commented on his directorial debut Nuvve Nuvve as follows:"If what Trivikram has showed us in Swayamvaram, Nuvve Kaavali, Chirunavvuto and Nuvvu Naaku Naccav, were to be considered as just a tip of the proverbial iceberg of his insightful and observant nature of the characters, if what Trivikram made us feel, delving into the depths of the characters in Nuvve Nuvve, if what Trivikram has demonstrated in his dramatic prowess and comedic timing in all the aforementioned movies, were just initial forays decimating the dullness and the dreariness that is plaguing the current telugu film character, assuring us that his best is yet to come, then we are in for some great treat for times to come."
- 2000, Best Dialogue Writer for Chiru Navvutho
- 2001, Best Dialogue Writer for Nuvvu Naaku Nachav
- 2002, Best Dialogue Writer for Nuvve Nuvve
- 2004, Best Dialogue Writer for Malliswari
- 2005, Best Dialogue Writer for Athadu
- 2005, Filmfare Award for Best Director – Telugu for Athadu
- 2013, Filmfare Award for Best Director – Telugu for Attarintiki Daredi
- Other awards
- "Trivikram Srinivas biography". Oneindia.in. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- Sri Atluri (10 April 2008). "TC Exclusive Interview: Trivikram Srinivas". Telugucinema.com. pp. 1, 2, 3. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- "Trivikram Srinivas bio". 16 Reels. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- "'Athadu' gets ready!". Sify. 20 June 2005. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- "Trivikram to direct Prince in Thums Up ad". Oneindia.in. 22 July 2010. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Deepika Padukone to do item number in Teen Maar". Oneindia.in. 24 February 2011. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Pawan Kalyan, Jayanth's movie will be released on March,28th..!". Telugmall. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- Trivikram's next is Julayi
- "Nuvvu Naaku Nachchaav Movie Review". Fullhyderabad. 10 September 2001. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- M.L. Narasimham (23 February 2004). "Action-packed thriller". The Hindu. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- "Nandi Awards 2005 Winners". Ragalahari.com. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Tollywood " Directors " Trivikram Srinivas". Telugucolours. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Vamsee Awards to Mahesh Babu and Bhoomika". Indiaglitz. 28 February 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2011.