From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up trochlea in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Related to joints
- Trochlea of humerus (part of the elbow hinge joint with the ulna)
- Trochlea of femur (forming the knee hinge joint with the patella)
- The trochlea tali in the superior surface of the body of talus (part of the ankle hinge joint with the tibia)
- Trochlear process of the Calcaneus
- In quadrupeds, the trochlea of Radius (bone)
- The "knuckles" of the tarsometatarsus which articulate with the proximal phalanges in a bird's foot
Related to muscles
It also can refer to structures which serve as a guide for muscles:
- Trochlea of superior oblique (see also superior oblique muscle), which is supplied by the trochlear nerve, or fourth cranial nerve.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.