Trolleybuses in Darlington
|Darlington trolleybus system|
|A rebodied former Darlington trolleybus working on the Bradford system, May 1970|
|Locale||Darlington, County Durham, England|
|Open||17 January 1926|
|Close||31 July 1957|
|Operator(s)||Darlington Corporation Transport|
By the standards of the various now-defunct trolleybus systems in the United Kingdom, the Darlington system was a moderately sized one, with a total of 5 routes, and a maximum fleet of 66 trolleybuses. It was closed relatively early, on 31 July 1957 .
None of the former Darlington trolleybuses is recorded as having been preserved.
- Joyce, J.; King, J. S.; and Newman, A. G. (1986). British Trolleybus Systems, pp. 46–48, 159. London: Ian Allan Publishing. ISBN 0-7110-1647-X.
- Short, Peter. "Former UK systems". British Trolleybus Society. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- Zebedee, John (30 November 2010). "A List of Preserved Trolleybuses in the UK". British Trolleybus Society. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- Lockwood, Stephen (2004). Darlington Trolleybuses. Midhurst, West Sussex, UK: Middleton Press. ISBN 978-1-904474-33-3.
Media related to Trolleybuses in Darlington at Wikimedia Commons
- National Trolleybus Archive
- British Trolleybus Society, based in Reading
- National Trolleybus Association, based in London
|This article related to bus transport in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|