|Genre||Fantasy, Comedy, Adventure, Magical Girl|
|Created by||Andy Heyward|
|Developed by||Sony Pictures Television
Anna Van Hooft
|Opening theme||"It's a Hair Thing" by Valli Girls|
|Ending theme||"It's a Hair Thing" (Reprise)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||27|
|Executive producer(s)||Andy Heyward
|Running time||21-22 minutes|
|Original run||October 1, 2005 – February 24, 2006|
Trollz is an American animated television series produced by DiC Entertainment (now Cookie Jar Entertainment) and features the adventures of five fictional teenage girls, who call themselves the Best Friends for Life, who use magic to help them with their everyday life as well as battling whatever magical creatures and problems they may find themselves up against. These trollz were based on the troll doll created in the 1960s becoming one of the biggest fads in the world. The series originally aired on UPN, but during the 2006 - 2007 television season, the program was part of KOL Secret Slumber Party on CBS; the series was also part of KEWLopolis, through October 27, 2007. Reruns of the show currently air in syndication as part of the Cookie Jar Kids Network block. As of February 5, 2011, the program is currently airing on Cookie Jar TV on CBS.
Spell Phones are devices based on a real life cellphones, but are adapted to provide functions for magic and spellbeads as well as provide the standard functions of a normal cellphone. "Spell Calls" are used to cast spells on other trollz across long distances. To initiate a Spell Call, the caller places a spell bead in the spell bead slot after inciting the incantation and then dialing the phone number of the intended recipient and hitting the cast button. The Spell Phone then transfers the spell through the phone line and when the recipient picks up the phone the spell is released through the receiver of the phone. It is a useful function that allows trollz to cast spells across long distances, but a lot of teenagers misuse the function and instead use it to play pranks.
The protagonists in the series are collectively known as the "Best Friends For Life".
- Amethyst van der Troll
- She is a pretty young troll who loves her friends and would do anything for them. Amethyst is also considerate and gives good advice to her friends. Her gem is a pink heart. She wears a purple top with a matching skirt,a hot pink sash and a bracelet of spell beads. She also wears hot pink pump shoes with straps. Her hair is pink with a wave at the top and she has a purple heart-shaped activation gem. Amethyst was the last of the five girls to have her gem get its glow.
- Her boyfriend is Coal and her Ancient is her grandmother. She is voiced by Britt McKillip.
- Ruby Trollman
- She is the leader of the BFFL, and, as such, is really bossy and cares about her looks a little too much. If she really wants something she will do anything to get it. Her hair is red and star-shaped and her gem is a red star. She wears an off shoulder white top with a green star on it, jeans, and green sneakers. She has red spell beads.
- Her boyfriend is Rock and her Ancient is Obsidian. She is voiced by Chiara Zanni.
- Sapphire Trollzawa
- Sapphire is a smart sweet troll. She is the smartest in the group. When the friends have sleepovers Sapphire just wants to study. Her gem is a blue flower. She wears a long sleeved blue shirt with white cuffs coming out, a pink skirt, ankle socks, and pink flats with a blue flower on top of it. Her hair is blue and tied in a ponytail by a pink bow. And she has glasses on top of her head. Her spell beads are blue.
- Her boyfriend is Alabaster and her Ancient is Mr. Trollheimer. She is voiced by Alexandra Carter.
- Topaz Trollhopper
- Topaz is also sweet and cares about her friends. She loves shopping and is a fashion expert. Her gem is a yellow diamond. She wears a white shirt with a pink top over it, a green miniskirt, leg warmers, and multi-colored sneakers. Her hair is yellow and curly. She wears a green scrunchy. She has yellow spell beads.
- Her boyfriend is Jasper and her Ancient is Zirconia. She is voiced by Leah Juel.
- Onyx Von Trollenberg
- Onyx is the goth troll of the group. She has a liking for poetry. Her gem is a dark purple crescent moon. Onyx wears a black long sleeved shirt with a white tank top with pink polka dots, a black skirt, pink tights, and black boots. Her hair is dark purple and in two ponytails which are held by pink buckle scrunchies. Her spell beads are dark purple.
- Her boyfriend is Flint and her Ancient is Spinell. She is voiced by Anna Van Hooft.
- Simon the Gremlin is the main villain of the series and appears in numerous episodes throughout the show trying to take over the world of Trollzopolis and get revenge against the Best Friends For Life.
- He is voiced by Reece Thompson.
- A half-dog, half-ogre creature and Simon's loyal henchman who sticks by his side despite enduring endless abuse. Able to change from a cute-looking puppy to a hulking beast-like form at will.
- He is voiced by Janyse Jaud.
- Coal Trollwell
- He is a very clumsy Troll often getting into trouble.
- Boyfriend to Amethyst. He is voiced by Jesse Moss.
- Rock Trollhammer
- He is very dimwitted and forgetful.
- Boyfriend to Ruby. He is voiced by Matt Hill.
- Alabaster Trollington III
- Alabaster is also a multi-millionaire, whose father owns a lot of the companies in Trollzopolis.
- Boyfriend to Sapphire. He is voiced by Samuel Vincent.
- Jasper Trollhound
- During the first episode, Amethyst cast a spell which cost Jasper his hair. However, Jasper has grown used to his new bald appearance. Boyfriend to Topaz.
- Flint Trollentino
- He is in a rock band, and loves writing poetry. Boyfriend to Onyx.
- Amethyst's Grandmother
- Amethyst's Ancient.
- Ruby's Ancient and owner of Obsidian's Spell Shop.
- Mr. Trollheimer
- Sapphire's Ancient and the girls' teacher.
- Topaz's Ancient and Spinell's wife.
- Onyx's Ancient and Zirconia's husband.
- Coral Trollarwise
- Coral is the senior captain of the cheerleaders. She is in constant rivalry with Ruby, usually for a cute boy's attention. Her gem is maroon. Her gem is shaped like an ace of spades.
- Opal Trollangel
- Opal seems to be Coral's main friend. She has tan skin and light-pink hair with a sky blue hair tie. Her gem is in the shape of an oval.
- Jade Trollberger
- Jade is Coral's second friend. She has spikey lime green hair. Her gem is in the shape of a thin diamond.
- Amber Trollze
- The hair stylist at the mall.
- "Network B". Ascent Media. Retrieved 2010-03-11.