Tropical Storm Irene
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Tropical Storm Irene (1959), Came ashore in Florida
- Hurricane Irene (1971), struck Nicaragua as a Category 1 hurricane which passed into the Pacific and was renamed Olivia
- Hurricane Irene (1981), Category 3 hurricane. moved across the Atlantic both ways, eventually hitting France as an extratropical storm
- Hurricane Irene (1999), Category 2 hurricane. passed over Cuba and struck Florida in the United States
- Hurricane Irene (2005), Category 2 hurricane; did not pass over land
- Hurricane Irene (2011), Category 3 hurricane that passed over the Caribbean and the Bahamas then, as a Category 1 hurricane, made landfall on the East Coast of the United States causing tens of billions of dollars in damage, and over 50 deaths
The name Irene was retired in the North Atlantic after the 2011 season, thus, it will never be used for an Atlantic hurricane again. It will be replaced with Irma for the 2017 season.
- Western Pacific
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.