Tropical Storm Ivan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Tropical Storm Ivan (disambiguation))
- 1980's Hurricane Ivan - A strong Category 2 hurricane that looped over the north-central Atlantic in October 1980.
- 1998's Hurricane Ivan - A Category 1 storm that stayed well out to sea in late September 1998.
- 2004's Hurricane Ivan: A Cape Verde-type hurricane that formed September 3. Reached unprecedented strength at low latitudes and topped out at Category 5 as the 10th most intense Atlantic hurricane on record. Struck the Windward Islands, Jamaica, the Cayman Islands and Cuba. Made landfall in Alabama as a Category 3 hurricane on September 16, looped back to the Gulf of Mexico and struck the Texas Coast as a tropical storm.
- The name Ivan was retired after the hurricane of 2004 and was replaced by Igor for the 2010 season. The name Ivan was not used in the 1986 or 1992 seasons because there were less than 9 storms in those two years.
- Western Pacific
- 1997's Typhoon Ivan (T9723, 27W, Narsing) - Typhoon Ivan is notable for becoming a Super Typhoon in tandem with Typhoon Joan. Typhoon Ivan (called Narsing by Filipino authorities) struck the Philippines, causing 1 death.
- Southwestern Indian Ocean
- 2008's Cyclone Ivan - An Intense Tropical Cyclone that made landfall on Madagascar in February 2008, killing 93.
- Australian region
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.