From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up troubles, troublés, or The Troubles in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The Troubles was a period of political unrest and violence in Northern Ireland, from the late 1960s to the turn of the millennium.
Troubles or The Troubles may also refer to:
- Irish War of Independence 1919–1921
- Irish Civil War 1922–1923
- Time of Troubles, a 17th-century political crisis in Russia
- Great troubles (1359–1381), the civil war of the Golden Horde which led to its downfall in the 14th century.
In popular culture:
- Troubles (band), a UK post-rock band
- Troubles (Troubles album)
- Troubles (Steve Lacy album)
- Troubles (novel), a novel by J. G. Farrell
- "The Troubles" (Law & Order), an episode of Law & Order
- "The Troubles" (Haven), supernatural afflictions certain citizens have in town of Haven in the tv series with the same name.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Troubles.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.