Trowers & Hamlins
|Trowers & Hamlins|
|Headquarters||City of London|
|No. of offices||9|
|No. of lawyers||350+|
|Major practice areas||General practice|
|Key people||Jennie Gubbins (Senior Partner)|
|Revenue||£ 78.2m (2013)|
|Date founded||1777 (London)|
|Company type||English LLP|
Trowers & Hamlins LLP is an international law firm with offices throughout the UK, Middle East and Far East. The firm undertakes work around the globe and has over 120 partners and approximately 700 employees. In 2007, the firm was voted Law Firm of the Year.
In 1777 the practice was run by Richard and John Woodhouse. Since that time it has undergone more than 20 changes of identity and amalgamations. Walter Trower (who was knighted in 1915) joined the partnership in 1886, and the name Hamlin originated in a firm called Hamlin & Grammer which was practising in 1875. Though the two firms using these names had been in association for many years, it was not until 1987 that they finally integrated to become Trowers & Hamlins.
During the last 30 years the Firm has expanded considerably. The Manchester office opened in 1973, followed by the opening of offices in Oman (1980), Exeter (1984), Dubai (1991), Abu Dhabi (1993), Bahrain (1998) and Birmingham (2011). The firm's main office is in the City of London. Outside the UK it has more than 80 lawyers working across the Middle East. In 2012 the firm opened an office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. With unique approval from the Malaysia Investment Development Authority (MIDA) to open a non-trading representative office in Kuala Lumpur, Trowers & Hamlins is the first foreign firm to open in this manner in Malaysia. Today, Trowers & Hamlins has over 700 staff in its UK, Middle East and South East Asia offices. Additionally, Trowers & Hamlins has long established links with firms in Singapore, Germany and France.
The Middle East offices secured The Law Society's law management quality mark, Lexcel, for the second consecutive year. In 2012, the firm was the first and only international law firm in the Middle East to gain the award.
Trowers & Hamlins are independently recognised as the leading firm in social housing sector in the UK, being the only firm ranked in the top tier for legal advisers by both the Independent Client Guides to the Legal Profession - Chambers and Partners 2010  and the Legal 500. The firm was named Public Sector Firm of the Year for its specialism in Local Government in the inaugural Legal 500 UK Awards in 2013.
In previous years the firm won Construction Law Firm of the Year at the 2011 Builder & Engineer Awards, Legal Firm of the Year at the FDs' Excellence Awards 2010 and the award for Outstanding Contribution by a Law Firm to Islamic Financial Services at the 2010 Sukuk Summit, Winner of The Most Effective International Benefits Strategy at the Employee Benefits Awards 2010, Legal Education and Training Group (LETG) Best Use of Technology award 2010 and Excellence in Exporting Legal Services 2009.
The firm also has corporate, real estate, and banking and finance practices, in addition to teams from specialist practice areas such as planning, tax, pensions and environment.
Trowers & Hamlins is a full-service law firm that specialises in the following areas:
- Banking and Finance
- Dispute Resolution
- Employment and Pensions
- Energy and Infrastructure
- Housing and Regeneration
- Middle East
- Private Wealth
- Public sector / Local government
- Real estate
- Telecoms media & technology 
- "Trowers & Hamlins". http://www.trowers.com/.
- "About us". trowers.com. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "Trowers & Hamlins History". http://www.trowers.com/about/our-history.cfm. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- "Trowers & Hamlins announces expansion into Malaysia | Press Releases | News". trowers.com. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "Trowers & Hamlins Offices". http://www.trowers.com/offices/. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- "Trowers & Hamlins’ Middle East offices secure top accolade from The Law Society | Press Releases | News". trowers.com. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "Chambers and Partners-Social Housing". www.chambersandpartners.com. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- "Trowers & Hamlins wins Public Sector Firm of the Year award | Press Releases | News". trowers.com. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "Trowers & Hamlins Services". http://www.trowers.com/services//.
- Trowers & Hamlins Website
- Vault.com report on Trowers & Hamlins
- Trowers & Hamlins Twitter
- Trowers & Hamlins Roll on Friday profile
- Trowers & Hamlins Chambers Student Guide profile
- Trowers & Hamlins Lex 100 profile