|Born||Troy O'Donovan Hayden
July 7, 1973
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
(m. 2007– present)
Troy Garity (born July 7, 1973) is an American film actor. He was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film for his role as Barry Winchell in the 2003 television movie Soldier's Girl, but may be best known for his role as Isaac Rosenberg in the Barbershop films.
Early life and education 
His parents named him for Viet Cong would-be assassin Nguyen Van Troi and Irish Fenian leader Jeremiah O'Donovan Rossa. His professional surname, Garity, is the family name of his paternal grandmother. He began acting as a child at Santa Barbara's Laurel Springs Camp for the Arts where he performed commedia dell'arte. He made an uncredited appearance in the film On Golden Pond.
Along with his half-sister Vanessa Vadim and cousin Bridget Fonda, Garity is a member of the third generation of one of Hollywood's most famous acting families. His mother, Jane Fonda, and uncle Peter Fonda are the children of Henry Fonda and New York socialite Frances Ford Seymour. His father is of Irish descent and his mother's ancestry includes Dutch, French, German, Irish, and English.
Garity has appeared in numerous film productions. He played his father in the 2000 film Steal This Movie based on the life of Yippie founder Abbie Hoffman. His portrayal of Isaac Rosenberg in the 2002 film Barbershop proved to be his breakout role and he reprised it in Barbershop 2: Back in Business. He also starred as Harvey in the Danny Boyle/Alex Garland film Sunshine and won considerable acclaim for his performance as the tormented survivor of a tragic family accident in Lake City.
In 1998, Garity was named one of People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People.
Personal life 
Troy Garity is the founder of the Peace Process Network, an international gang violence prevention coalition, and he is the chairman of Homies Unidos, a gang violence prevention group in Los Angeles.
- On Golden Pond (1981) (uncredited) - Young Boy on Jetty
- The Cherokee Kid (1996) (TV) - Bartender
- Conspiracy Theory (1997) - Intern
- Steal This Movie! (2000) - Tom Hayden
- Rude Awakening (2000) (TV series) - Vin
- Solomon Bernstein's Bathroom (2000) - Solomon Bernstein
- Code Blue (2000) (VG) - Daniel Mosley
- Perfume (2001) - Simon
- Bandits (2001) - Harvey 'Dog' Pollard
- Lather. Rinse. Repeat. (2002) - John Donnelly
- Barbershop (2002) - Isaac Rosenberg
- Soldier's Girl (2003) (TV) - Barry Winchell
- Milwaukee, Minnesota (2003) - Albert Burroughs
- Barbershop 2: Back in Business (2004) - Isaac Rosenberg
- After the Sunset (2004) - Luc
- Sunshine (2007) - Harvey
- Eichmann (2007) - Avner Less
- Lake City (2008) - Billy
- Winged Creatures (a.k.a. Fragments) (2008) - Ron Abler
- A Cat's Tale (2008) - Marchello
- My One and Only (2009) - Becker
- A Day in the Life (2009) - Officer Klute
- Kerosene Cowboys (2009) - Luke "Cajun" Babbineaux
- House (2009) - Hank Hardwick (episide 6.7 "Teamwork")
- Hawaii Five-0 (2011) - Agent Edward Kipton
- The Playboy Club (2011) - John Bianchi
- The Good Doctor (2011) - Dan
- Boss TV series (2011–present) - Sam Miller
- Gangster Squad (2013) - Wrevock